http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/digital-image-editing%20-%20gallery.jpg
Saddle Stitch Ribbon
new products--1/4' plastic headbands
New colors--3/8' party dot and gymbo dot grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/horse-grosgrain-ribbon-029.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/apple-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New product--3/8' wrapped headband
new clearance items

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Business Issues > General Business Issues

Old 05-11-2008, 03:55

Default Customer unhappy - help me with decision

Here's the thing. She said she wanted boutique style bows. She wanted lots of colors. She said 3.5" wide or so. So she gets the bows and says they are too big. And two have rhinestone centers. She didn't like those, pulled them off, and now says there is glue in the center. In the beginning she said one bow was the wrong colors (she sent me a pic of a dress) so I offered to re-make it, no charge. But now she has problems with all the bows. Not a huge deal, except that when I go to re-make them, how in th world do I give her the same layers but smaller? I cna't use smaller than 3/8" ribbon! Layered bows are just big! But I don't really know how to say this to her. I also can't really use the same sized ribbon, I have to use varying widths.

Help!
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 05-11-2008, 04:09

Default Re: Customer unhappy - help me with decision

She sounds like a difficult customer. There are some out there that do this as a way to get things for free. Trust me...I had to deal with them when I worked for Estee Lauder. Ask her to send you a sample of the material of the dress so you can make sure it matches. Also, did she want rhinestones in the center of the bows? If so, then you should not have to replace those if she stated that. That is what she wanted. She pulled the rhinestones off so that is already destrying the bow instead of just sending it back. She can keep it at no charge or send it back and you will have to pay shipping (bite the bullet on that one).

Sorry...I am cooking right now so I will get right back to you.
Old 05-11-2008, 04:24

You may have to do whatever it takes to please her to an extent. After that you can chose not to do business with her in the future.

Doyou have a disclaimer at the bottom of your site? You may want to make it known that all sales are final and any custom orders need to be given in detail before you make them. You may want to take pictures of your product before you send it off that way there is no discrepencies over the quality of your work.
Old 05-11-2008, 04:26

how long has she had the bows?
Old 05-11-2008, 04:37

She just got them yesterday. She didn't say rhinestones or not. She ordered five bows, I put them on two of them. The dress, she sent me a link to the dress online. I picked the colors I thought matched the best. I offered to re-make that bow first. Then she started adding all the others in. She says she really likes all the bows, they are just too big for her girl. Keeps telling me she's only 19 months. Well, mine is 16 months and she wears that big and bigger, lol. I don't really have a problem re-making a few of her bows, but how in the world can I make them smaller and keep all the layers she wants??
Old 05-11-2008, 04:41

Tell her you can just make a double stacked bow. Same color scheme, just different ribbons. and only two colors.

I think this is all a personal thing. How much $ would you be out, can you afford it? Do you really want her business? Does she have friends? That kinda thing.

Good luck
Old 05-11-2008, 04:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManicMittens View Post
if you can not make them smaller just tell her that. it is the width that she ordered.
What she said.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManicMittens View Post
if you can not make them smaller just tell her that. it is the width that she ordered.
I agree with this also. It drives me crazy when people are so fickle. I agree with another pp that she may just being trying to get stuff free. grr.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:49

I am sorry to hear that. That's why I don't do custom order on ebay. There may be too many problems, I only let them choose colors.

My understanding is that sometimes if you are nice at the first time, they will come back and ask for more unreasonable things.

For the size,
I usually make 3" bows with 7/8' ribbon. I measure 3" from the ends of the ribbons. Then some customers said they are definitely less than 2" Because they did not count the ends of the ribbons. and she even wanted to return all my layered boutique bows, because she said all the spikes did not count. They are just layers not bow. She only measure "the bow". She wanted me to remake them and I said I was unable to remake them to the "size" you want.

I am not good at handling these questions myself. when I feel really angry about these buyers. I turned off the computer and play with my kids. THIS makes me feel better. They are the most important thing,
Old 05-11-2008, 09:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by robynlee97 View Post
I agree with this also. It drives me crazy when people are so fickle. I agree with another pp that she may just being trying to get stuff free. grr.
I think so too.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults