Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Business Issues > General Business Issues

Old 04-17-2011, 05:24

Default Re: What kind of family/friends discounts do you offer?

It depends on the item and the person lol My mom... I give everything to her at cost. I have a couple friends who are more then happy to pay full price, I always toss in something extra when they buy. I have a few friends that I will discount, but enough that I still make something off the sale.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/flatbackbuttons-300.jpg
Old 04-17-2011, 07:17

Everything i make for my best friend Lacey I sell to her at cost for several reasons: one of the main reasons is because she knows lots of ppl and everytime she orders something for a baby shower or birthday gift i wind up with several more custom orders from ppl at the parties so to me its well worth it for all the new customers.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:25

i've done 30% for friends, family is 50% if I like them 30% if not.. hehe
Old 04-17-2011, 08:17

I make everything for my only sil with a little girl for free. She's lives pretty far away so I don't make stuff for her all the time, but when my sil is in town, she may have a list of 30 bows for me to make. But, she will give us movie tickets in exchange which she gets for a great deal through her work. So I don't feel taken advantage of. My other sil's and my mom will order things now and again for shower gifts and those I also make for free. My family's very giving - my mom and dad watch my girls for us for date nights and my brother will come over and help fix anything, etc. so I'm glad to reciprocate.

Now my best friend I won't charge at all either - if she would just have some girls already - she has 3 boys so far... My other close friend I'll give a discount, maybe 25% off and I throw in freebies. Everyone else pays my regular prices because I have a lot of friends and casual acquaintences. And what I learned from a few mistakes is when you start out charging super low prices, its hard to go back to your normal prices and if they start ordering items all the time, you'll start to feel resentful.
Sponsored Links
http://hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/Ad for Hipgirls RevA.