Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Business Issues > General Business Issues

Old 09-17-2010, 06:43

Default People not leaving feedback on Etsy

I have just recently started to list things on Etsy. I made my first sale on 9/6 and since have had 13 other sales. I have only had two people leave feedback and i am pretty sure most of them should have their products by now.
My ? is do you leave feedback for the buyer first or after they give their feedback? I have sold on Ebay for a long time and i always left feedback after i received it. I would really like to build my feedback score up but don't want to give it if they are not giving back...know what i mean lol. Should i convo them and make sure they are satisfied with their products or leave feedback anyway?

http://www.etsy.com/shop/alyssa232007
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2010, 06:54

Default Re: People not leaving feedback on Etsy

I always wait for the buyer to leave feedback for me... I have had 570+ sales and my feed back is like 220 or something. I send a little thank you note with each purchase encouraging them to leave pos feedback if they are happy with their transaction and to contact me if they are dissatisfied.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:03

as a seller i leave feedback first.

but what does it mean when a buyer leaves a positive feedback score but no positive feedback info? like a description about the buy?
Old 09-17-2010, 07:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshineshoppe View Post
I always wait for the buyer to leave feedback for me... I have had 570+ sales and my feed back is like 220 or something. I send a little thank you note with each purchase encouraging them to leave pos feedback if they are happy with their transaction and to contact me if they are dissatisfied.
Oh thank you, that is a great idea. I may have to have a card printed (next time i get a free set of vista print cards lol) and send them with each purchase.

Old 09-17-2010, 07:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssa23 View Post
Oh thank you, that is a great idea. I may have to have a card printed (next time i get a free set of vista print cards lol) and send them with each purchase.
as you can see it works about half the time lol!
Old 09-17-2010, 07:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilysmama View Post
as a seller i leave feedback first.

but what does it mean when a buyer leaves a positive feedback score but no positive feedback info? like a description about the buy?
Thats a good ?. I have had just a "nice" before on ebay and wondered if they were just a simple person or being sarcastic. Maybe they just didn't want to mess with the comment or don't know how important they are.

Old 09-17-2010, 07:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssa23 View Post
Thats a good ?. I have had just a "nice" before on ebay and wondered if they were just a simple person or being sarcastic. Maybe they just didn't want to mess with the comment or don't know how important they are.
yeah thats true. because if they truly werent happy they would have left a negative!! duh! im a nerd!! lol
Old 09-17-2010, 08:21

I think this is a universal problems for both sellers and buyers on all sorts of sites from Ebay to Etsy to even here. For example, if you look at my feedback score on here I have 1 positive yet I have left 3 positives on others for purchases I have made where I have received the item. So 66% of my transactions have not been rated by the other party. I know people get busy, forget, etc. but I held up my part of the deal when I promptly paid my invoice.

My opinion is that as a seller you should immediately leave feedback when the buyer completes their part of the deal (paying.) A buyer should leave feedback immediately when they receive an item. Otherwise it is too easy to forget.

What I have done in the past as a seller is to send a brief note saying something along the lines of "I hope you are enjoying (insert product.) It was quite the pleasure creating it for you. Thank you again for your prompt payment. I have left you positive feedback (usually I'd link to the feedback here) and if you'd like to do the same for me click here (link to the leave feedback area). Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance or if you'd like to order a custom item."
Old 09-17-2010, 08:41

I've seen this discussed in the Etsy forums many times. Seems that the average is about 50% of the people will leave feedback. Which is about what mine is, currently 1322 sales and 766 feedback (though some of that is for me as a buyer). Feedback is optional and some people get put off if they are asked to leave it so I never ask for it. Some buyers buy the item then don't log back into Etsy until they want to buy something else. If they are not a seller it may be months or longer before they are back and realize there was the option to leave feedback. As far as myself leaving feedback as a seller, I wait for either the buyer to leave me feedback or send me a convo letting me know they received it and that there is no further action required on my end. If I don't hear from the buyer, I will usually wait a few weeks, check the delivery confirmation and if is marked as delivered I assume that everything is ok and leave them feedback. I tend to do mine in batches anyway about every other week or so.

Wendy My Etsy Shop

Old 09-17-2010, 09:39

Thank you for the tips ladies! I think i will go ahead and leave them feedback and do my good deed for the day and then send a thank you note letting them know i have left feedback.

Sponsored Links