new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Business Issues > General Business Issues

Old 04-20-2010, 07:51

Default Is it worth it??

To have both an Etsy and a website?

I put a lot of time and effort into my website and really work to make it (in my eyes) perfect. Getting traffic is the only thing I am struggling with.

My question is, do you ladies have both an Etsy and a website? Do you find you get better sales if you have both? Or do you find it's to much trouble to have both and just have one or the other??

TIA
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 04-20-2010, 08:00

Default Re: Is it worth it??

I have both.

I get good traffic on my website, but also work hard at my Etsy. To me, Etsy is a way to advertise because the traffic is already there, and at .20 a listing its not too expensive.

I have a spot in checkout on my website asking how the customer found my site and I've had multiple customers say they found me through Etsy.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:03

Ok. My question is how do they find your site addy through Etsy?? Isn't promoting your site against their terms or something like that??
Old 04-20-2010, 08:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealove4 View Post
Ok. My question is how do they find your site addy through Etsy?? Isn't promoting your site against their terms or something like that??
I've been meaning to read the rules again. It probably isn't correct.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:41

So do you post your site addy on yours?? I really don't see the harm in doing that.

About how many items do you have listed on there? I know they say that the more you have the better. It just gets hard to keep up with it sometimes when you have a website and FB fan page too. lol
Old 04-20-2010, 08:52

I do have my website listed on Etsy.

I have about 70 things listed right now and I renew or list something almost every day. It does get to be a lot - between Etsy, FB, and my site!
Old 04-20-2010, 08:57

Well thank you for all the helpful info!! I am going to give it another try on Etsy and list more items, since that seems to be the best way to get people to look.