Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Business Issues > General Business Issues

Old 04-02-2010, 09:21

Default Way to Advertise in Your Town

What ways do you all advertise in your home town? I have my bows in a few different places in my hometown and in my parent's hometown, but are there any ways that you all have advertised that's been inexpensive and actually brought you business? My mind's exhausted from trying to think of so many ideas!
"For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever." Romans 11:36
Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2010, 10:36

Default Re: Way to Advertise in Your Town

My girls are walking advertisements and wear my products all the time. I promote my business everywhere I go. I also get involved in local shows and recently joined my city's Chamber of Commerce to network and promote.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSquare View Post
My girls are walking advertisements and wear my products all the time. I promote my business everywhere I go. I also get involved in local shows and recently joined my city's Chamber of Commerce to network and promote.
Girl! You inspire me! Do you walk up to people in stores that have little girls and hand out your business cards? I've thought about doing that, but wondered if people would think I'm strange... haha! I have two shows lined up in my area, but I'm really interested in joining my city's Chamber of Commerce... How do you do that, is it expensive, and does it give you quite a bit of exposure?
"For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever." Romans 11:36
Old 04-03-2010, 12:24

I'm not really a pushy sales person so I haven't approached anybody and done cold calls. I usully wait for somebody to make a comment and then go from there. So it's like silent advertising and I feel my products speak for themselves.

Just this week I took my daughter to get her hair cut at a children's salon and the owner saw the clip she was wearing and it sprung a conversation from that. So I make the most of opportunities.

As for the chamber, ours has a website and membership is based on how many employee's you have. So I just signed up this week and will pay a small monthly fee. I used to do event planning and marketing in my pre-mommy days so my skills and experience are really helping me out in my business. It's all about networking and being the minds of people. So I like to help out where I can and love do give donations as well.

I also have a sign on my SUV so I'm advertising everywhere I go. It's all starting to pay off now and people are coming to me and I've got repeat customers. I'd say I'd spend 25% of my time making products and 75% of my time is spent marketing.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:29

Quote:
I'm not really a pushy sales person so I haven't approached anybody and done cold calls. I usully wait for somebody to make a comment and then go from there. So it's like silent advertising and I feel my products speak for themselves.

Just this week I took my daughter to get her hair cut at a children's salon and the owner saw the clip she was wearing and it sprung a conversation from that. So I make the most of opportunities.

As for the chamber, ours has a website and membership is based on how many employee's you have. So I just signed up this week and will pay a small monthly fee. I used to do event planning and marketing in my pre-mommy days so my skills and experience are really helping me out in my business. It's all about networking and being the minds of people. So I like to help out where I can and love do give donations as well.

I also have a sign on my SUV so I'm advertising everywhere I go. It's all starting to pay off now and people are coming to me and I've got repeat customers. I'd say I'd spend 25% of my time making products and 75% of my time is spent marketing.
That's great! It sounds like you're doing great! God hasn't blessed my husband and I with children yet, but I'm praying if and when He does that I at least have one little girl because I LOVE making bows! I'm going to check out the Chamber of Commerce here and I know what you mean about making the most of opportunities. Thanks so much for you help and advice!
Old 04-03-2010, 05:59

We struggled for 9yrs before having our daughter's (2yrs and 11 months). It was a long road for us but we never lost hope and our faith got us through some of the worse days. I can't tell you how many days I was crying and on my knees praying.

All the best. Girls are so much fun but a son would have been awesome too.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:18

Quote:
We struggled for 9yrs before having our daughter's (2yrs and 11 months). It was a long road for us but we never lost hope and our faith got us through some of the worse days. I can't tell you how many days I was crying and on my knees praying.

All the best. Girls are so much fun but a son would have been awesome too.
Thank you I will be very happy with whatever gender God blesses me with one day.. My husband and I have been trying for just a short period of time for children, but I think it's easy to get discouraged when you want a child so badly and it doesn't "happen" as quickly as you'd like for it to.. God is definitely teaching me that it's not about the science of having a baby, but about His timing because He can do anything that He wants to at the time that He wants it to happen, so that's what I'm clinging to. I know you are so thankful for your two girls and children truly are a blessing! God teaches us so much through trials and I believe He allows us to experience difficult times in order for us to realize our need for Him...
Sponsored Links