Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(20x2yd Solid Boutique Ribbons)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-satin-autism-pinwheel-bow.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/glitter-ribbon-250.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/kanzashi-flower-butterfly-forum-ads.JPG
New product--1.8mm bottle cap hole punch

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Business Issues > General Business Issues

Old 01-25-2010, 10:50

Default Marketing for local sales?

What kinds of things do all you seasoned pros do to get local sales?
I am wondering about promoting for cheer bows, dance studios etc.
I am in a rural area so all the schools are small (30 or so for a whole grade).
I don't have much interest in an online store, I do plan on doing craft shows though.
Any thoughts? Brainstorm with me, lets bounce around some ideas!
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:08

Default Re: Marketing for local sales?

Good question! I would like to know too.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:17

Well, I have never done this before either!
I would THINK, uh oh, I am thinking!
What about calling the schools OR going in and finding out who is in charge of the cheerleaders. Find out how to get an appt. with her, also same with the dance studios, who would be in charge.
Take some of the cheer bows or the whatever you are wanting to sell, to show for samples.
Also, have something in writing, an excel sreadsheet a word doc or something that you can have pictures on, along with the prices of them. Put your contact details on them too!
IF you provide something special, like custom colors, tell them and add that to your document.
In dance studios, I wonder if they would let you put a flyer in there either at the counter or posted somewhere, for the moms to see.

Sorry, not much help, just thinking!
Old 01-26-2010, 07:33

If you have a child who is currently involved in a cheer or dance program, you could always make bows for her to model at class or games. Best way for someone to notice your work is to have a model wearing it. Who better than your own. If you can, make a couple extra for her friends to model as well.

My daughter had been involved in Pop Warner for years. When I started to make cheer bows, I made them for her. When she got the compliments and was asked where she got her bows.....well, she referred them to me.

I always made bows for any team that she was on at cost, but since our program was large and there were many others, I sort of became their programs bow person.

I think a good customer base starts by word of mouth too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justagirl1980 View Post
What kinds of things do all you seasoned pros do to get local sales?
I am wondering about promoting for cheer bows, dance studios etc.
I am in a rural area so all the schools are small (30 or so for a whole grade).
I don't have much interest in an online store, I do plan on doing craft shows though.
Any thoughts? Brainstorm with me, lets bounce around some ideas!
Sponsored Links