Free Instructions---------Free Instructions----------Free Instructions-----------Free Instructions.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/ribbon-korker-hair-bow-clip-instructions-sm.jpg
New Instructions--How to make braided/woven headband instruction
New Instructions--How to make hair bow gift basket
Free Hair Bow Instructions-Snail
Free Hair Bow Instructions--Christmas Tree
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/bee/bumble%20bee%20sm.jpg

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/rainbow-ribbon-dragonfly-hair-clips-free-tutorial/dragonfly-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Business Issues > General Business Issues

Old 01-21-2010, 03:00

Default Questions about wholesale accounts

I have just been contacted through my website about doing wholesale on some of my products. I have not sold anything wholesale, though I do have my things in a couple of stores on a consignment basis. My biggest discount I take right now is 25%. Is that even an acceptable amount for wholesale?

The problem is that my stuff is already priced so low, that I cannot afford to do 50% off my prices. She has already seen my website prices, so she knows how much I charge (though some of my stuff I mark up slightly more for my consignment stores- no more than 50 cents more). She is interested in my mini korkers (I sell for $3), crochet headbands ($1.25), and curly ostrich puffs ($6).

I don't want to contact her back till I get a feel for what is normal with this wholesale thing. Do they expect 50% off? Or does it vary?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2010, 03:01

Default Re: Questions about wholesale accounts

What is your website?
Old 01-21-2010, 03:13

I think really depends on the person. Since your prices are already low I would say do 25% or whatever you feel you can do. Just tell her your prices are already low so you can't do 50%. I would say if your prices were high they you could do 50% but since they are not do what you are comfortable with.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:13

You'd have to ask that! LOL. I PM'd you with it. It is still kind of a work in progress. It has only been up and running for a while and still needs a lot of work, so I don't advertise it on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HauteTotsCouture View Post
What is your website?
Old 01-21-2010, 03:18

I'm in the same boat. I just decided to do 20% on anything $2.50 and under because I have a lot of little clips that are $2 or so...and then anything over that I do 30%. I'm not in it to wholesale, so if someone still wants to pay that, I don't mind-but I started my site to make them more affordable and I want to stay true to that as much as possible even though I know I'm not even covering 10% of my time I spend on everything.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:30

I used to have a wholesale only scrapbook company.

Most places that wholesale price their items knowing they are going to wholesale. And they also consider what others are pricing similar items in your area or in general. Most places have their retail prices set and then their wholesale prices are 50% less, but they are making more than 50% on an item.

I'll do a breakdown of how I priced my items then.
This is MY Costs
Piece of paper .25
packaging .13
printing .05
machine maintenance .05
So, about .50 per product made. My suggested retail price was $2.50 and then wholesaled them at 1.25. So, even at wholesale price, I was making more than 50%. This was a very time consuming product also.

Anyway, I don't know if all of that helped or not. LOL! If you can't do 50% than don't do it. Make it 25 of 50%. She can sell them for whatever price she wants to have a bigger profit on her end.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:54

I rarely agree to wholesale, and when I do I make sure that it is worth my time...such as large quantities of itentical items that I can crank out assembly line fashion. However, my wholesale prices vary item by item. I figure out what it is worth to me to make an item...some items I am willing to offer at 20% off, while others are offered at 40-50% off. Other items I don't offer wholesale at all. I think that whatever you offer is fair, as she does not have to agree to it. Make sure it is worth your time.

Sponsored Links

wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies