printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Business Issues > General Business Issues

Old 07-14-2009, 05:17

Default Why are People so Messy????

So I have a booth at a local craft mall and I go in at least once a week sometimes two to re-stock or clean it up and every time I go in it is a MESS! It is so frustrating!

I have stuff out of it's packages, items off of my display...etc. I put out an extra of certain items on a shelf so people can feel and see the size but for some reason they'd rather take everything out of the package and just throw them all over the floor. The other day I went in and I have this small thing with shelves on it that holds baskets that contain my headbands and for some reason it was moved right into the middle of my booth so it was blocking everything...sorry just had to vent!!!!
Sponsored Links

wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 07-14-2009, 06:13

Default Re: Why are People so Messy????

That is horrible! I have been down there and there is stuff on the ground etc. and I feel so bad for people like you who put so much hard work into a display and it just gets trashed! So so sorry you have to deal with it.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:18

Thanks! I guess that is just a part of having a booth there. I cleaned it last friday and then had to go back an hour later to grab a pair of leggings for a lady that wanted one shipped and I already had other peoples items and headbands on the ground. It is just crazy!! I don't know if I want to do more months once my contract is up but my contract is up right before x-mas. I think if we move farther North I won't do it anymore because I won't be able to afford the gas and time to drive all the way down there to make sure it looks nice.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wintertimefun View Post
Thanks! I guess that is just a part of having a booth there. I cleaned it last friday and then had to go back an hour later to grab a pair of leggings for a lady that wanted one shipped and I already had other peoples items and headbands on the ground. It is just crazy!! I don't know if I want to do more months once my contract is up but my contract is up right before x-mas. I think if we move farther North I won't do it anymore because I won't be able to afford the gas and time to drive all the way down there to make sure it looks nice.

Do you find it is profitable? They have the other QB up in Midvale if you move north you should think about moving up there unless your over it ha ha ha
Old 07-14-2009, 06:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelkajm View Post
Do you find it is profitable? They have the other QB up in Midvale if you move north you should think about moving up there unless your over it ha ha ha

I do make a profit but I've only done it for a couple months. Over the next couple months I'm going to really evaluate everything and see if it worth it. I think the one in Midvale isn't taking any Hair Clip booths anymore...I hear they have a ton. I'm thinking I may just do a couple craft shows a year.

How are the craft shows coming for you?
Old 07-14-2009, 06:29

Quote:
I do make a profit but I've only done it for a couple months. Over the next couple months I'm going to really evaluate everything and see if it worth it. I think the one in Midvale isn't taking any Hair Clip booths anymore...I hear they have a ton. I'm thinking I may just do a couple craft shows a year.

How are the craft shows coming for you?

They are awesome! My next big one isn't until the end of August (I actually have two the end of august one on the 22nd and one on the 29th in SLC) What ones have you done?
Old 07-14-2009, 06:50

I sent in an application to do the onion days in Payson and I won't know until the end of the month if they accept it and then last year I did the christmas gift and craft show in Nov so I may do that one again but we'll see.

You must be so busy...how many have you done this year?
Old 07-14-2009, 07:15

Quote:
I sent in an application to do the onion days in Payson and I won't know until the end of the month if they accept it and then last year I did the christmas gift and craft show in Nov so I may do that one again but we'll see.

You must be so busy...how many have you done this year?
Lets see I have done 5 but I could have done more I just don't have the time. I know that Provo High is having a big boutique this weekend I didn't submit an application for that one but should have. I do a big open house out of my home and that always works well in my favor. Then the last one in august is in West Jordan. I am planning on doing the farmer's market in provo again this next weekend (you should REALLY think about doing that, there is one booth with tutus but they are not as nice as the ones you do in my opinion). There are a few bow/flower clip booths but I think you would do well with your tutu onsies and halter tutu's etc. I can get you the info on that one if you want. I can get you info on others too. I know we are in the same area but our styles are different enough I don't really think it would matter
Old 07-14-2009, 08:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelkajm View Post
Lets see I have done 5 but I could have done more I just don't have the time. I know that Provo High is having a big boutique this weekend I didn't submit an application for that one but should have. I do a big open house out of my home and that always works well in my favor. Then the last one in august is in West Jordan. I am planning on doing the farmer's market in provo again this next weekend (you should REALLY think about doing that, there is one booth with tutus but they are not as nice as the ones you do in my opinion). There are a few bow/flower clip booths but I think you would do well with your tutu onsies and halter tutu's etc. I can get you the info on that one if you want. I can get you info on others too. I know we are in the same area but our styles are different enough I don't really think it would matter
Any Info I'd appreciate. the farmer's market would be fun! How do you hear about all of these craft shows etc? Have you started accepting cards or just cash?
Old 07-14-2009, 08:11

I have the same problem at my craft mall. It gets thrashed everyday! I go twice a week to restock and give a good cleaning. I am trying to figure out more ways to cut down and don't look forward to the holiday season. I can only say at least I do well still but it's just frustrates me.
Sponsored Links