Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Business Issues > General Business Issues

Old 10-21-2008, 10:58

Default Hiring someone to pass out fliers. What would you pay?

I have to hire somone to pass out fliers for the store. I have no clue as to what to charge. I have some thoughts but could I be way off?
A lady said 50.00 for 250 fliers and she would come back weekly. she said that is negotiable. Then I have a lady and several other people I have offered 9/hr, but how many fliers should I give them? I'm clueless what do you guys think? I am on a budget but want to be as fair as possible.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/canadatulle-300.jpg
Old 10-21-2008, 11:52

Default Re: Hiring someone to pass out fliers. What would you pay?

Wish I knew, but I don't. I am clueless. Good luck getting the word out on your store!

ps - I am still interested in consigning again...I need to send you another email. I know you are super busy.

Old 10-22-2008, 05:47

Anyone?
Old 10-22-2008, 08:02

One idea would be to call the local high school and speak with vocational person. They may have a teen out of a job at the moment and would love to do it and probably for a lower rate. Even the high school counselor might know of a teen that is need of extra cash. I do believe that when you use the school kids, the teacher checks up on them to make sure they are doing it right. Might even check with your pastor, as there may be a family out of work that would love to do it also. Not sure if it will help or not, but thought I would throw it out there
Old 10-22-2008, 10:30
creativesidebows

Quote:
Originally Posted by mims2627 View Post
One idea would be to call the local high school and speak with vocational person. They may have a teen out of a job at the moment and would love to do it and probably for a lower rate. Even the high school counselor might know of a teen that is need of extra cash. I do believe that when you use the school kids, the teacher checks up on them to make sure they are doing it right. Might even check with your pastor, as there may be a family out of work that would love to do it also. Not sure if it will help or not, but thought I would throw it out there

Wow! These are fantastic ideas!
Old 10-22-2008, 10:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsx3 View Post
I have to hire somone to pass out fliers for the store. I have no clue as to what to charge. I have some thoughts but could I be way off?
A lady said 50.00 for 250 fliers and she would come back weekly. she said that is negotiable. Then I have a lady and several other people I have offered 9/hr, but how many fliers should I give them? I'm clueless what do you guys think? I am on a budget but want to be as fair as possible.
I would also suggest using a teenager to pass out your fliers. I think It's rediculous(sp?) that that lady wants 50.00 to pass out your fliers! $9.00per hour is resonable, but you have to make sure that they actually hand out the fliers and not just throw them away and claim it took them 3 hours to hand them all out. I have had this happen to a friend of mine. As far as how many to give out.. I would probably give them 250 to start off with and then go from there. HTH.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:07

I'm sorry, but IMHO passing out fliers is worth minimum wage.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mims2627 View Post

I used to do that when I needed receptionists at the salon I managed. The teacher did check up on them periodically and if I ever had any trouble with them not showing up for work or whatever I just called the teacher. 99% of the students were wonderful! I'd give it a shot!

Wendy My Etsy Shop

Old 10-22-2008, 10:49

I delivered fliers when I was 11 years old. I remember my route had about 100 houses and I could do it in about an hour. Gives you a bit of an idea of how long it should take. That was in a community where the houses were all detached and freestanding, but fairly close together with smaller yards.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/flatbackbuttons-300.jpg