key fob hardware marabou cherry-blossom-silk-hair-flower 3/8" double ruffle ribbon free tutorial-bottle caps felt circle http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/3in-spike-18pc-set.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Business Issues > Facebook Tips

Facebook Tips Facebook is the second largest website in the world, with over 500 million active users. Worth trying. No self promotion please.

Old 09-27-2011, 04:55

Default How to promote your fb page

Ok so I wander by this part of the forum on occasion to try and help people with fb issues etc where i can and one thing I have noticed is its a hot spot for "please like me" threads. One thing I can tell you for a fact is hunting for likes is a complete waste of time! seriously I have been there done that lol I have come to the realisation that it truly is a time waster.

You are better off getting on fb and searching for the promote my fan page sites (and there are TONS) which are specifically set up for you to post an add about your business for people to see then they will come to your page if they are interested in your product.

At least that way the people who choose to visit you are more likely to be a valued customer in the future not just a liker who likes your page then hides you on their news feed to never think of you again.

think about it - do you want likes or customers?
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/MMexclusivewholesaleribbon-300.jpg
Old 09-27-2011, 07:01

Default Re: How to promote your fb page

i never get the whole like my page thing either if they won't be buying from you anyway!

i've seen those fan page promote things but do u need to pay for those?
Old 09-27-2011, 07:05

I have never come across one that expects you to pay to post on their facebook wall however there are some that offer websites and blog pages where you can pay to advertise on there but not the facebook page itself
Old 09-27-2011, 07:39

Arrow Re: How to promote your fb page

I get what you are saying - UNTIL I heard the arguement of why you NEED likes, so I will share, it just made sense to me.

* if you have a lot of likes, when people come to your page, it makes your business look more legitimate. It's almost like "feedback" Alot of people like your page, you must have something people want to see. I would feel a little better buying from someone with 783 likes as opposed to 23.

* Friends and familys of those non customers, may be customers

Just something to think about. I think from a marketing standpoint, I get why people would want them.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by cee0421 View Post
I get what you are saying - UNTIL I heard the arguement of why you NEED likes, so I will share, it just made sense to me.

* if you have a lot of likes, when people come to your page, it makes your business look more legitimate. It's almost like "feedback" Alot of people like your page, you must have something people want to see. I would feel a little better buying from someone with 783 likes as opposed to 23.

* Friends and familys of those non customers, may be customers

Just something to think about. I think from a marketing standpoint, I get why people would want them.

I do agree with you to a certain point that yes a page with more likes does look better then one with 23 etc but thats where if you put the hard yards in and promote your page to people who actually are interested in what you make you will get your likes up, it may take more effort and time but in the long run you will benefit a lot more then if you have 200 people on your page that do nothing, I have learnt this the hard way as I did the whole get as many likes as you can, participated in the liking ladders and marches etc just to get the numbers and all that resulted from that was people either hiding my page from their news feed or unliking me the minute i post new products etc (and I def. dont spam my page) to me I think loosing likes looks a lot worse then having a smaller amount of genuine customers staying round and participating on your page in comments, feedback etc now I have stopped the "like me train" I find it a lot more satisfying having genuine people on my page
Old 10-11-2011, 11:57

I 100% agree wih you. Id rather have 23 customer likes than 500 like me so I can have more fans. Personally I try not to like other boutiques pages because then my friends on my personal page can see I'm liking another boutique, not that I don't have faith in what I make just that I dont really want to share my customers, afterall I run a business in a very competitive market and there are lots of great bow makers out there. My page just reached 100 likes and I had a competition when I got to 90 fans and I shared my page a lot and asked that my fans do so as well. Once a winner was picked I got 4 more fans and from the winner referring people and I got a couple new orders. Now if you are a business that sells something different than I do, I will like you not only from my personal page but possibly from my business page as well.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/flatbackbuttons-300.jpg