New product--2.5' Zebra Printed Grosgrain Ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/peace-sign-grosgrain-ribbon-ads.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-volleyball-forest-green.jpg
New Instructions--How to make korker hair bow using a korker box hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows, hair clips, baby women, toddler, girl, adult, floral design, birthday holiday gift wrapping
New product--star ribbon for cheer bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Business Issues > Facebook Tips

Facebook Tips Facebook is the second largest website in the world, with over 500 million active users. Worth trying. No self promotion please.

Old 12-21-2010, 11:15

Default Contest Stalkers ?

I know there are threads mentioning this somewhere, but I have been getting quite a few 'contest stalkers' fan me on FB. Have any of you actually looked into what this group(cult! lol) does? It just seems so crazy to me that there is a page to help people stalk giveaways and contests. When I come across these people, I ban them- IDK it just seems a little sleezy to me. Maybe I'm going about it all wrong? Here's a couple of recent pages I've found-
http://www.facebook.com/index.php?lh...omemoma?v=wall

http://www.facebook.com/index.php?lh...9746211?v=wall
Old 12-22-2010, 01:49

Default Re: Contest Stalkers ?

What do they do ... fan you and see if you are having a sale or something? I don't really understand all of these contests things that have been going on.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:40

They are really annoying, I want to do contest and sales for my "REAL" customers and followers.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jos77 View Post
They are really annoying, I want to do contest and sales for my "REAL" customers and followers.
That's what I was thinking. I don't want these wackos winning all of my contests, I want my real customers and fans trying and winning.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie View Post
What do they do ... fan you and see if you are having a sale or something? I don't really understand all of these contests things that have been going on.
If you go to one of those pages in my op you can see there's a page just to tell people 'so-n-so is having a giveaway, go fan them so you can swoop in and get free stuff!". There sole purpose is to get something free and it looks to me like they're good at it too.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:23

I see. Then that explains why those that do those comment games say you have to purchase something in order to comment for something free....is that correct? I never do the free stuff...I just buy what I like because the price is so good. I bought my dd a top and matching capri set for $7.00 NWT. The tag said $26.00. Could not beat that price.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:31

Yes there are quite a few contest stalkers I actually had a referral contest awhile back and some lady who had never even posted on my page started referring people, she was a new fan and referred around 150 new people to my page I thought well another freebie hunter well she has turned out to be one of my best customer once she received her $20 in items she hasn't stopped ordering from me.

Also when I do giveaways on my facebook I normally ask them to do something that would hint to the fact that there a true customer. ex. the first person to post a picture of there child wearing one of my bows, or the first person to post a picture of mommy wearing one of my flowers. you get the point. So that I reward the people who support me.

Lace Rompers/Pant/Bloomers/Hats, Rosette Ribbon NEW COLORS, Rosette Mesh Trim, Shabby Chiffon Flowers, Glitter Elastic Are Now In STOCK..more items coming soon.
www.ohsweetbabyboutiquewholesale.com
Facebook Group
http://www.facebook.com/groups/432068236823110/
Old 12-22-2010, 11:33

Is there a way to know when people fan you? I was thinking about doing a giveaway after the holidays, but this is just crazy!!!

My thought is that the winner should be someone who is already a fan, no new comers can win, but if they are a new comer and they stick around and stay active they could win in a future giveaway?

Maybe that sounds just wrong, but it might weed out the phonies who are just in it for the freebies and nothing else.

My husband set my page up for me this past summer, but I have only really had my page going the past week and a half and I already have 2 sales from it, I have just over 100 fans too I would hate to do a contest for those who have remained fans even through the past few months when nothing new was coming out because I was too busy with school/work/family, just to have a stalker win the prize.

Krista
Old 12-22-2010, 12:07

there are people with fake names too btw...I had one with a common name used on Friends by Pheobe and all they do is go around and vote for each others stuff....it is crazy
Old 12-22-2010, 12:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabellasgarden View Post
there are people with fake names too btw...I had one with a common name used on Friends by Pheobe and all they do is go around and vote for each others stuff....it is crazy
Wow. Really, who has time for that?