hip girl boutique 1" metallic gold gliter sparkle ribbon
hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon wrapped headbands for girls women baby toddler
hip girl boutique goody ponytail pigtail holder for women girl toddler baby

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Business Issues > Facebook Tips

Facebook Tips Facebook is the second largest website in the world, with over 500 million active users. Worth trying. No self promotion please.

Old 12-18-2010, 11:00

Default New to Facebook ..sorta...

Well my husband set me up a page this summer, but I have been busy I have just been neglecting it. (as well as my etsy and zibbet accounts )

So now that classes are over I started listing pictures last night and I already have a sale!!! WOOHOO!

I hoping the facebook page goes well, I know it seems to be hit or miss with facebook, but it would be nice to have FREE site if it does well! LOL

Krista
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:11

Default Re: New to Facebook ..sorta...

Quote:
Originally Posted by khofkamp View Post
Well my husband set me up a page this summer, but I have been busy I have just been neglecting it. (as well as my etsy and zibbet accounts )

So now that classes are over I started listing pictures last night and I already have a sale!!! WOOHOO!

I hoping the facebook page goes well, I know it seems to be hit or miss with facebook, but it would be nice to have FREE site if it does well! LOL

Krista
Oh wow, lucky you! I have my FB page up for three weeks already and nothing I also have an ad in the local paper... got a bunch of phone calls, but no actual sales
Yesterday I got one sale from a friend.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:32

I get all my sales from facebook
Old 12-18-2010, 06:47

Thats exciting. I don't have a business type of Fb but I do post pics from time to time of my stuff on my personal FB and its just a good way for others to see what you make regularly.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhardison1 View Post
Thats exciting. I don't have a business type of Fb but I do post pics from time to time of my stuff on my personal FB and its just a good way for others to see what you make regularly.
I don't have the actual facebook business (shop now) tab. I just have a fan page and ppl can leave posts to purchase... then I contact them by email. Well, that's what I plan to do... if I get any orders.

Any ideas on how to spread my page out more?? Does anyone know how those "like" contests work? I only have 38 fans and it doesn't seem to be growing at all
Old 12-19-2010, 12:29

I have a facebook fan page and even though I get new fans almost every day, I've made NO sales from it.

I even had a customer who asked me for a bow to review and do a giveaway on her youtube channel - she has about 250 subscribers. I ended up with about fifteen people who liked my page and said how cute my stuff was, and three who followed me on twitter. None of them have bought a thing. Nada. I'm disappointed.

I have a friend who sells on her personal facebook page, but she's been doing bows for years, has a huge client base and 400 fb friends. When she posts ready to ship bows on her page there's like a mad dash to claim them. It's crazy! But...she only posts about ten or so at a time and only every week or so. I guess in between she's doing custom orders and local orders, but I can't guess at the volume. I know it took her a long time to build up to what she's got now, too.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhardison1 View Post
This was sorta the idea I had going in, but I did list prices on some of the items, just so people would know what I charge. I also have my etsy and zibbet accounts listed so people can purchase from there, but the lady just messaged me through facebook for her purchase.

Krista