Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE!

Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/)
-   Facebook Tips (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/facebook-tips/)
-   -   New to Facebook ..sorta... (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/facebook-tips/71679-new-facebook-sorta.html)

khofkamp 12-18-2010 11:00

New to Facebook ..sorta...

Well my husband set me up a page this summer, but I have been busy I have just been neglecting it. (as well as my etsy and zibbet accounts:( )

So now that classes are over I started listing pictures last night and I already have a sale!!! WOOHOO! :amanda:

I hoping the facebook page goes well, I know it seems to be hit or miss with facebook, but it would be nice to have FREE site if it does well! LOL

Krista

trendymom 12-18-2010 11:11

Re: New to Facebook ..sorta...

Quote:

Originally Posted by khofkamp (Post 867574)
Well my husband set me up a page this summer, but I have been busy I have just been neglecting it. (as well as my etsy and zibbet accounts:( )

So now that classes are over I started listing pictures last night and I already have a sale!!! WOOHOO! :amanda:

I hoping the facebook page goes well, I know it seems to be hit or miss with facebook, but it would be nice to have FREE site if it does well! LOL

Krista

Oh wow, lucky you! I have my FB page up for three weeks already and nothing :( I also have an ad in the local paper... got a bunch of phone calls, but no actual sales :(
Yesterday I got one sale from a friend.

cancousins 12-18-2010 11:32

I get all my sales from facebook :)

mlhardison1 12-18-2010 06:47

Thats exciting. I don't have a business type of Fb but I do post pics from time to time of my stuff on my personal FB and its just a good way for others to see what you make regularly.

trendymom 12-18-2010 11:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlhardison1 (Post 867839)
Thats exciting. I don't have a business type of Fb but I do post pics from time to time of my stuff on my personal FB and its just a good way for others to see what you make regularly.

I don't have the actual facebook business (shop now) tab. I just have a fan page and ppl can leave posts to purchase... then I contact them by email. Well, that's what I plan to do... if I get any orders.

Any ideas on how to spread my page out more?? Does anyone know how those "like" contests work? I only have 38 fans and it doesn't seem to be growing at all :(

DanielleK 12-19-2010 12:29

I have a facebook fan page and even though I get new fans almost every day, I've made NO sales from it.

I even had a customer who asked me for a bow to review and do a giveaway on her youtube channel - she has about 250 subscribers. I ended up with about fifteen people who liked my page and said how cute my stuff was, and three who followed me on twitter. None of them have bought a thing. Nada. I'm disappointed.

I have a friend who sells on her personal facebook page, but she's been doing bows for years, has a huge client base and 400 fb friends. When she posts ready to ship bows on her page there's like a mad dash to claim them. It's crazy! But...she only posts about ten or so at a time and only every week or so. I guess in between she's doing custom orders and local orders, but I can't guess at the volume. I know it took her a long time to build up to what she's got now, too.

trendymom 12-19-2010 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielleK (Post 868085)
I have a facebook fan page and even though I get new fans almost every day, I've made NO sales from it.

I even had a customer who asked me for a bow to review and do a giveaway on her youtube channel - she has about 250 subscribers. I ended up with about fifteen people who liked my page and said how cute my stuff was, and three who followed me on twitter. None of them have bought a thing. Nada. I'm disappointed.

I have a friend who sells on her personal facebook page, but she's been doing bows for years, has a huge client base and 400 fb friends. When she posts ready to ship bows on her page there's like a mad dash to claim them. It's crazy! But...she only posts about ten or so at a time and only every week or so. I guess in between she's doing custom orders and local orders, but I can't guess at the volume. I know it took her a long time to build up to what she's got now, too.

Oh, so 3 weeks of having my FB page up isn't long enough?! Lol. DH keeps saying to give it time... but I'm about ready to give up. This all started as a hobby and then I decided to try and sell them... but if no one wants them, fine! It's getting so grueling to try and get ppl to buy my stuff. I'm not gonna beg!

Jaryha 12-19-2010 12:41

GBH's to you. i to have a fan page. 35 and counting. but yeah i would give it time. maybe do a sale or something

oh and i jsut liked your page

trendymom 12-19-2010 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaryha (Post 868095)
GBH's to you. i to have a fan page. 35 and counting. but yeah i would give it time. maybe do a sale or something

oh and i jsut liked your page

Ok sorry, but what's GBH?

Was thinking of a sale -- how does that work? Can people PM my fan page? I don't think so. SO do I just like give a way a free something to whoever suggests the most friends and have them post on the wall? But then ppl can see what others posted and cheat... Or do I have them send me a separate email telling me how many friends actually BECAME fans??? So confused.

What's your page? I will like you back :)

Jaryha 12-19-2010 02:15

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jaryha...82889721724917

i know with my page ive got a 50 likers album. i guess it kinda helps encourage people to send out requests to there friends