new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Business Issues > Facebook Tips

Facebook Tips Facebook is the second largest website in the world, with over 500 million active users. Worth trying. No self promotion please.

Old 12-14-2010, 02:52
Super Moderator

Default Can someone explain..

I see all the "like" my FB page post and I am trying to understand what this achieves? I have a few fans, no where near what I would like but, I am trying to understand what having other bow makers like my page and vice versa does to help your fb page?
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 12-14-2010, 03:00

Default Re: Can someone explain..

for me, it's all in the head i see more fans and feel better lol. but someone else pointed out before that more fans can make a page appear more professional or whatever. like if someone sees your page has x amount of fans, it subliminally signals to other people that this is a 'good' page with quality products. not sure how true that is but i am always impressed by people that have a zillion fans
Old 12-14-2010, 03:04
Super Moderator

I guess i can see the more fans making it look more profesional...hmmm now you got me thinking.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:08

also since it is the persons personal page that is visible as the 'liker', people don't realize who is a fellow bowmaker...and also, some people have it set so their page shows their 'likes' on their feed and so people on their friends list *may* see it and follow suit.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:15

If you see a page with 50 fans, and then see a page with 1000 fans, which one would you think has better stuff? Whether they really do or not!

To me, its all about the experience. I would be more excited about a page with lots of fans. An active page, with lots of fans, to me says a lot of fun! You have to build excitement about your products!

I personally don't like to fan others pages (unless they are my friends) that do the same thing I do becuase I don't really want to accidently get ideas from them. Ya know, you see something and then months later, come up with a "new" headband, only to discover someones already done it?
Old 12-14-2010, 03:16
Super Moderator

I see what you mean...hmmm giving me food for thought.

I have just always had it in my head I would rather have 100 real fans (= buyers) then 1000+ fans but only 100 would would actually buy KWIM?
Old 12-14-2010, 03:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda1 View Post

I have just always had it in my head I would rather have 100 real fans (= buyers) then 1000+ fans but only 100 would would actually buy KWIM?
Very true! And I've had that train of thought too... But at the same time, the more fans you have, the more your name is out there too! So even if you have 2000 fans and only 200 actaully buy, thats sales you wouldn't have had if you only had 100 fans. Does that make any sense? LOL I have a hard time explaining things sometimes.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:25

I also like that most of us are very supportive of each other. I "like" new creations and comment on pretty items. I think it helps others to see comment going up about items.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:29

You have an AWESOME page! I've "liked" you for a while and always look forward to your posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulafairy View Post
I also like that most of us are very supportive of each other. I "like" new creations and comment on pretty items. I think it helps others to see comment going up about items.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda1 View Post

Miranda, do you have a store on etsy? I'd love to see your bows