Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Business Issues > Etsy Tips

Etsy Tips New to Etsy? Ask your question here.

Old 11-06-2011, 11:29

Default Do You Charge a Rush Fee on Etsy?

I have had quite a few "rush" requests lately. I have turned down a couple, and a few I have managed to squeeze in. But I am thinking of offering a "rush" option where I would finish a tutu within 24 hours of receiving payment and ship the next (or same, depending on what time of day it is) business day.

Do any of you offer this, though, and do people use it? I was thinking of charging $10 for a rush fee - and included in the $10 is a $3 upgrade to Priority Mail, because my standard shipping is First Class. Does that seem like a fair price?

I would just put this info in my shop announcements and people could ask if I can accommodate if they are needing a rush order. Plus, if people do ask, I then have a price set to give them.

How does this sound? What do you ladies do?
Old 11-06-2011, 12:43

Default Re: Do You Charge a Rush Fee on Etsy?

I usually try to accomodate but will definitely charge to upgrade the shipping. However, if it's at a time that I'm completely swamped, I tell them to put them at the top of the list and rush their item would be an extra $10 (plus extra shipping) They're usually not in such a big hurry then.
If they're someone I have a bad feeling about, I link them to another shop that sells similar things, lol.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:51

Yep! I (usually) accommodate rush orders, and I do charge a fee. According to Etsy's policies, you can't put list items like "upgraded shipping" or "rush order" for sale. I wish you could, since I think it's extremely helpful and much easier for the client. Anyhow, to get around this, I just list in my policies and announcement that I can accommodate rush orders for a fee, and to send me a convo so I may set up a custom listing for them. Then I combine the item and the rush fee into one new item and reserve it for the client.

I actually get quite a few requests for rush orders, and no one yet has complained about the fee.

HTH!

--Stacie
Old 11-07-2011, 05:46

Thanks ladies! I appreciate the input. I knew I couldn't make a separate listing for a "rush upgrade" on etsy, but as Stacie said, I think I'll put it in my shop announcements and policies. I don't mind squeezing things in if I have the time, but people seem to want things SO last-minute lately, and a lot of times I either have to say no or if I'm feeling nice, move my schedule around a bit to accommodate them.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:38

I usually charge as well. I give them the turnaround time and if they want it faster I usually charge them 15% of what the total order is fir the rush fee.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:52

I know this is an old post but I see listing for rush order charges all the time. Has something changed?

Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.