New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Business Issues > Etsy Tips

Etsy Tips New to Etsy? Ask your question here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-02-2011, 11:55
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6
Default HELP!! custom order and now no response

Hi Ladies, I am very new to ETSY and the community so I am in need of some advise.
I opened my shop last week. I am and was so excited until today I had a customer order a bow and then ask me if I could do a custom set as well to match the other bow. I didn't have the supplies so I politely told her that it would be a few days. I ordered the supplies. Made the bows and now two days later she isn't answering my e-mail regarding her invoice This is basically my second sale so my question is how long do I wait to hear back from her and how do you approach this situation? Have you ladies had this happen to you a lot?? I am just starting out and so far it has not been a pleasant one.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2011, 12:07
kandl's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Central Kentucky
Posts: 372
Default Re: HELP!! custom order and now no response

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawedPurfektion View Post
Hi Ladies, I am very new to ETSY and the community so I am in need of some advise.
I opened my shop last week. I am and was so excited until today I had a customer order a bow and then ask me if I could do a custom set as well to match the other bow. I didn't have the supplies so I politely told her that it would be a few days. I ordered the supplies. Made the bows and now two days later she isn't answering my e-mail regarding her invoice This is basically my second sale so my question is how long do I wait to hear back from her and how do you approach this situation? Have you ladies had this happen to you a lot?? I am just starting out and so far it has not been a pleasant one.
I'm just starting out as well, but I'd say mention up front it'll take a X amount of additional days to process and/or ship a custom order. Set up their custom listing and have them pay before you get supplies. As long as you're upfront about how long it'll take.. I wouldn't expect anyone to do anything custom for me without paying first.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2011, 12:12
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6
Default Re: HELP!! custom order and now no response

Thank you so much for the response. I thought that is how it worked but being so new and no feed back I thought it would be better this way. Live and learn. Do you think it would be best to ship the item she did in fact pay for on Monday or wait a few more days for her to respond? She asked to hold off on sending her bow in order to save on shipping. I really do appreciate any advise given.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2011, 12:14
mom2kaisnkam's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Varnville, South Carolina
Posts: 1,798
Default Re: HELP!! custom order and now no response

I don't touch my ribbon until I get their payment.
__________________
Nette MacNeir ~ Wife, Mommy, Ribbon Addict
My Facebook Fan Page
My Etsy
Wholesale Ribbon Sculptures- accepting limited orders- http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/ribbo...culptures.html
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2011, 12:23
kandl's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Central Kentucky
Posts: 372
Default Re: HELP!! custom order and now no response

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawedPurfektion View Post
Thank you so much for the response. I thought that is how it worked but being so new and no feed back I thought it would be better this way. Live and learn. Do you think it would be best to ship the item she did in fact pay for on Monday or wait a few more days for her to respond? She asked to hold off on sending her bow in order to save on shipping. I really do appreciate any advise given.
Maybe send her an email stating that you need to ship the item that was paid for and let her know how long you intend to wait to hear from her before shipping. Something could have come up... Surely she'll respond, especially if she gets to thinking about what she did pay for. Don't sell yourself short, or feel rushed to get orders. Your work will stand for itself. Good luck
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2011, 12:23
didi453's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: RGV, Tx
Posts: 489
Default Re: HELP!! custom order and now no response

This is more or less what I do with custom order's that I take online. All details about your custom work should be disscussed prior to even setting up their custom listing. Make sure you have everything you need to complete their order. If supplies are needed, let your customer know your estimated date of completion. If my current turn-around time is longer than usual, I usually include the ship out date in their listing just to clarify. Let them know that payment must be processed prior to any work being done. Last but not least keep them up to date with the status of their order. HTH
__________________
sahm of 3 wonderful little angels
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2011, 12:25
Krysia's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 3,497
Default Re: HELP!! custom order and now no response

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2kaisnkam View Post
I don't touch my ribbon until I get their payment.
Me neither. I also don't order supplies until I get payment (unless I was planning to order them anyway for use in other items).
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2011, 12:27
alibali's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,417
Default Re: HELP!! custom order and now no response

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2kaisnkam View Post
I don't touch my ribbon until I get their payment.
I don't either! I'm sorry this happened. I hope the buyer just got busy and hasn't had a chance to get online or email you back. I have had several people who wanted to order and just took their sweet time getting back to me, but eventually did. I hope that is how it goes in your case.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


new products--pop dot diy pinwheel bows

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/no-liner-bottle-cap-combo.jpg

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-soft-ball.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-dizzy-bees-ribbon-grosgrain-combo-.JPG
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/ladybug-applique-red-dot.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/half-wrapped%2050mm-snap-clips.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/flat-back-pearl-shpk.JPG

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger