New products--alligator clips with teeth
Free bottle cap tutorial/instructions--sealing bottle caps
New products--3' star grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/40yd-solid-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New products--hip scottie III
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/24pc-inter-daisy-hb-cmb.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Business Issues > Etsy Tips

Etsy Tips New to Etsy? Ask your question here.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:22

Default What if I don't want to list a shipping cost...

I just opened my etsy shop. At the bottom of each listing, you now how it asks you under shipping it says "cost" and then "with another item".. what if I just want my shipping cost to be like $2 shipping for orders of $0-$25, $3.50 shipping for $25.01-$50, $5 shipping for $50.01- $100, and Free shipping for $100+

Do I just put $0 in the shipping price boxes and then specify the shipping costs in the description of the item?

I hope all of this made sense lol
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2012, 11:33

Default Re: What if I don't want to list a shipping cost...

I don't think you can do it that way. I have my shipping set at $2.95 for U.S., $3.95 for Canada and $6.00 for everywhere else. Then it's an additional $.50/item. I will combine shipping if a customer convos me and has me set them up a custom listing. Maybe you can put your shipping policies in your shop policies and then refund the difference? The constant refunding sounds like a lot of work though.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2squirrels View Post
I don't think you can do it that way. I have my shipping set at $2.95 for U.S., $3.95 for Canada and $6.00 for everywhere else. Then it's an additional $.50/item. I will combine shipping if a customer convos me and has me set them up a custom listing. Maybe you can put your shipping policies in your shop policies and then refund the difference? The constant refunding sounds like a lot of work though.
So when you have set shipping prices and the people pay, but you want to combine shipping, when they check out how do you change it so they can get that discounted shipping price?
Old 07-19-2012, 01:10

You have to set your shipping prices per item and etsy will automatically combine the shipping for you. For instance my shirt shipping is $3.00 and 50 cents each additional item so if you buy 2 shirt the shipping is $3.50 and etsy automatically combines that and charges it for me. Some of my items have a first item charge and $0 additional charge so if they bought 1 shirt and one item with no additional shipping then it would be just the $3 shipping charged.

Wife to Rod and Momma to Tyreque, Ladaria, Raquel, Brayana, Destini, Jaleel, Makkiah, Taniyah and Cavelle along with my angel in heaven Angie and 85 foster kids who have left imprints on my heart
All Ribboned Out Remember Me Pillows to Remember your loved one whose far away
Old 07-19-2012, 02:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by salex142 View Post
So when you have set shipping prices and the people pay, but you want to combine shipping, when they check out how do you change it so they can get that discounted shipping price?
It doesn't change it. You would have to go in and manually refund.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by salex142 View Post
Do I just put $0 in the shipping price boxes and then specify the shipping costs in the description of the item?

I hope all of this made sense lol
NEVER put your shipping costs as $0. If you do so, your buyer is NOT obligated to pay more for s/h. If you set it up that way, many buyers will think you're offering free shipping and you're leaving yourself open to neg feedback if you surprise someone with an invoice later for s/h.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2squirrels View Post
It doesn't change it. You would have to go in and manually refund.
This isn't true. If you have set your prices with xxx per each additional item then etsy will automatically combine the shipping. They will take the item with the highest shipping cost as the base and then add the xxx for each additional item.

Wife to Rod and Momma to Tyreque, Ladaria, Raquel, Brayana, Destini, Jaleel, Makkiah, Taniyah and Cavelle along with my angel in heaven Angie and 85 foster kids who have left imprints on my heart
All Ribboned Out Remember Me Pillows to Remember your loved one whose far away
Old 07-20-2012, 11:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste1977 View Post
This isn't true. If you have set your prices with xxx per each additional item then etsy will automatically combine the shipping. They will take the item with the highest shipping cost as the base and then add the xxx for each additional item.
I think I didn't word my comment the right way. I know that Etsy will combine the shipping for multiple items but I think she wants a set shipping cost for orders from $0-25, $26-50, etc. As far as I know Etsy doesn't have something were it will combine the shipping based on the order total. Does that make sense? I know what I'm trying to say I just can't get it out LOL
Old 07-24-2012, 08:05

Etsy is not like Ebay. I see a lot of people mistakenly listing very low prices trying to get as many sales thinking on "ebay mode".

I charge 3.00 for shipping and 20 cents for extra item. That is how my shipping is combined. I buy boxes in Uline, put my bows on bowcards, use tissue paper, etc to ship my products a nice way. I am not impressed by sellers who offer cheap rates or the cheapest product.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif