3/8" HEART GROSGRAIN RIBBON zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors 7/8" classic stripe grosgrain ribbon 7/8" frog grosgrain ribbon cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
Shop by color--grosgrain ribbon, hair bows, craft supplies

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Hooked On Embroidery > Embroidery Supplies and Designs

Old 05-07-2009, 09:42

Default singer autopunch applique question

How do you design an applique with autopunch or can you even do it? We've figured out how to autopunch and embroider custom designs, but can't figure out how to tell the machine to do the simple running stitches for placement and to tack down the material. I also want to use running stitches for detail work but can't figure out how to tell the machine to use a simple stitch vs. zig zagging. Do I need a different program? DH isn't thrilled with the idea of me buying downloads if he can design stuff himself (he likes doing that sort of thing). I can't find anything in the book and the help feature on the program is useless. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
http://www.mysunshineboutique.com/images/My-Sunshine-Boutique-Banner-3.gif
Old 05-09-2009, 09:05

Default Re: singer autopunch applique question

I have no idea, but I've been wondering the same thing myself!!!
Old 05-09-2009, 11:29

May I ask what Singer do you have? Is it the futura? I have the Futura 250 with auto punch, but I don't think that you can do the applique design with it. I may be wrong, but I was thinking that it just turned clip art into embroidery. I have seen other software on the internet that does that. I apologize if I'm wrong. I hardly ever use mine anymore, it takes so much time.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:11

Yes, I have the Futura 250. I can use the autopunch to turn images into filled embroidery, but I don't think I can do applique designs. I usually just buy those.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:00

I have the ce250 as well. I made applique mickey ears. I turned the picture into 2 colors. The outline black and everything I wanted to be blank for the applique white. Then I went in and deleted everything that was white. The only thing I couldn't figure out was how to make the stitches that trace the design first. It will only do the satan stitch.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:11

Wanted to update:

I have the Singer futura 350.

DH figure out how to make an applique design with autopunch. It wasn't super easy, but he did do it. We did a simple cupcake with 2 colors of fabric with contrasting satin stitch trim and satin stitch sprinkles. He did figure out how to make it do a running stitch for placement and to tack down the fabric. If anyone wants to know how he did it, let me know and I'll have him type it out since it was way over my head, lol. I know he did a combo of photoshop and autopunch. I'll try to remember to post a pic later.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/PoshPrincessBows1.jpg