http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/rock-star-ribbon-offray-7-8-satin.jpg   http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-flower-grosgrain-ribbon.JPG Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000 http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon-orchid.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Hooked On Embroidery > Embroidery General Talk

Old 01-24-2011, 11:38

Default Embroidery machine....which kind to get??

I want a embroidery machine so so bad! BUT I am absolutly terrified to buy one! I dont even know where to begin. I am interested in monogramming hairbows, t shirts, key fobs, buttons, pillowcase dresses...so i would be working with. I dont want to spend over $500 on a machine. Would you reccomend a 4x4 hoop or a larger one...does 4x4 mean you have a 3.9x 3.9 embroidery area??? I am totally cluless as you can see!!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2011, 11:49

Default Re: Embroidery machine....which kind to get??

I got a brother duetta 4500 about a year ago for $1500 and I think they retail for $5000. I love my machine. Look at fabric stores that sell them; one of our local ones does trade-ins and that is how I got such a great deal HTH

Also, it has been 147+ days since I have seen my DH, so don't expect me to be all rainbows and sunshine when you are being stupid. Oh, let us not forget the glitter.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaleyGrace View Post
I want a embroidery machine so so bad! BUT I am absolutly terrified to buy one! I dont even know where to begin. I am interested in monogramming hairbows, t shirts, key fobs, buttons, pillowcase dresses...so i would be working with. I dont want to spend over $500 on a machine. Would you reccomend a 4x4 hoop or a larger one...does 4x4 mean you have a 3.9x 3.9 embroidery area??? I am totally cluless as you can see!!

if you want to do tshirts and stuff I highly suggest waiting and getting a brother 700 or 770. it does 5x7 I have the brother se400 and it only does 4x4(so yes, the embroidery space is only about 3.9x3.9ish) I bought it saying the same thing.. I only got mine right before thanksgiving and was ready for a bigger machine by christmas lol! everyone told me what I am telling you but I was "sooo adament" I knew what i would want, yada yada... I should have waited and listened to everyone here lol.. so, with that said.. its food for thought. HTH
Old 01-27-2011, 05:49

I agree that it's best to go with something that will embroider at least 5" x 7". I have a PE350 and a SE400 and an Ellageo (that embroiders much larger); however, all 3 are not currently working due to different reasons! I plan to purchase the Brother PE770 or 700 simply because it has the larger 5 x 7embroidery field than my 2 smaller machine and I want an "embroider only" machine. My most expensive machine was repaired about 8 months ago at a cost of almost $600 and still does not work correctly. The knob on the needle threader popped off the first time I used it after repairs! We live over 100 miles from the nearest dealer/repairman, so I just pushed the larger machine aside and now have my husband working on the two smaller Brother machines for me. I absolutely LOVE embroidering and seldom buy a gift for anyone; I embroider or make and embroider something for gifts. When my machines run smoothly, I'm in Heaven; when they quit cooperating, it's H*LL!!!!!!!! You'll be glad you went with a machine that embroiders in a 5" x 7" hoop rather than just the 4 x 4 -I PROMISE!
Sponsored Links