Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Hooked On Embroidery > Embroidery General Talk

Old 05-13-2010, 02:49

Unhappy Still Confused... Applique Help on Brother PE-770

I posted this earlier but didn't know how to set my e-mail notification then. I also am still confused after the couple replies I got... I'm usually not so dumb. LOL!

Can someone please help me? I am new to machine embroidery. I just purchased the Brother PE-770 and while I love embroidering on it so far, I'm so frustrated with learning to applique. I follow the manual directions, and right away I get stumped in the first paragraph. I follow the directions the manual says about changing the screen to "name of color", but I never see the "appliqué material", "appliqué position" and "appliqué" displayed on the screen like the manual says. I even tried selecting various graphics before and after to see if it shows up. Are there only specific types of images you can applique? Is the manual maybe off? If anyone can please help me my name is Katherine and my e-mail address is kjtrosse@scj.com and my cell # is 262-308-4266. I would truly appreciate it if anyone could help me out.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2010, 02:55

Default Re: Still Confused... Applique Help on Brother PE-770

The manual sucks, plain and simple.
Pick the applique design you want, and on the LCD screen there is an icon that looks like a pocket. Pick your design and then hit the pocket icon. This lets the machine know what you want to design and will start the process.
The first step will outline the design. Your material should be stabilizer, shirt, and then more stabilizer on top(floating, so not ironed on).
The machine will do the outline and then you remove the hoop BUT DONT REMOVE THE MATERIAL. Place the fabric you want for your applique on top. I put wonder under on mine. So now you have stablizer, shirt, stablizer, and then material for applique. Put this back on the machine and the machine will again do an outline but this also sews the applique material to your shirt.
Take the hoop off and then CAREFULLY cut the extra fabric away from the applique, keeping the thread that made the outline.
So now you have stabilizer, shirt, and then the applique material in the shape of the design. Put it back on the machine and do the last step.
The machine will prompt you for each step, three steps total.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:01

Here is something I just did. Imagine that the blue material was a square and then I cut the two out following the outline the machine did. I then put it back on to do the final step.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg il_fullxfull.143910182.jpg (28.4 KB, 91 views)
Old 05-13-2010, 03:04

I do mine pretty much the same except i dont put the stabilizer on top of the shirt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGalinSteerland View Post
The manual sucks, plain and simple.
Pick the applique design you want, and on the LCD screen there is an icon that looks like a pocket. Pick your design and then hit the pocket icon. This lets the machine know what you want to design and will start the process.
The first step will outline the design. Your material should be stabilizer, shirt, and then more stabilizer on top(floating, so not ironed on).
The machine will do the outline and then you remove the hoop BUT DONT REMOVE THE MATERIAL. Place the fabric you want for your applique on top. I put wonder under on mine. So now you have stablizer, shirt, stablizer, and then material for applique. Put this back on the machine and the machine will again do an outline but this also sews the applique material to your shirt.
Take the hoop off and then CAREFULLY cut the extra fabric away from the applique, keeping the thread that made the outline.
So now you have stabilizer, shirt, and then the applique material in the shape of the design. Put it back on the machine and do the last step.
The machine will prompt you for each step, three steps total.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:07

The technique sounds easy enough. What I don't comprehend is how to tell my machine I am doing an applique instead of a regular embroidery design.

I noticed that my machine does random parts of the images first. How do I tell my machine I want the outline first, then the second outline to put the applique piece on, then cut it out and how do I tell my machine to do the next step where it "seals" the applique with the heavier stitching?

Does my question make more sense now? Anyone willing to give me a call? It may be easier! LOL

-Katherine
Old 05-13-2010, 03:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookrazy View Post
The technique sounds easy enough. What I don't comprehend is how to tell my machine I am doing an applique instead of a regular embroidery design.

I noticed that my machine does random parts of the images first. How do I tell my machine I want the outline first, then the second outline to put the applique piece on, then cut it out and how do I tell my machine to do the next step where it "seals" the applique with the heavier stitching?

Does my question make more sense now? Anyone willing to give me a call? It may be easier! LOL

-Katherine
You don't tell it. It knows! lol. The design is programmed to do it just they way ny said it.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookrazy View Post

-Katherine
It already knows to do that, its a smart cookie
It knows that there are three parts and stops after each one.
You also have to be using an applique design. I want to say there arent any preloaded on the machine, just embroidery designs.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:16

I think I may be starting to understand this... So, I purchased some applique images off eBay and other sites... So what you are telling me is that those images are "special" and will tell my machine to do the outline first, etc.?

If that is the case, then why does my manual say to change my setting to "name of color", so "appliqué material", "appliqué position" and "appliqué" are displayed on the screen? I never see those words in the actual machine... So confusing. Ha!

I am so anxious to make some appliques for my little ones but all this is just frustrating.

Katherine
Old 05-13-2010, 03:18

just put your maunal to the side, I didn't even look at mine it confused me so bad. Yes it's special. it will stop on its own all you have to do is cut the top thread put the fabric on top and push start again.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:19

this should help http://www.bunnycup.com/tips.aspx

Sponsored Links
Ribbon Darlings And Curly Girlz Cheerleader Instruction For Hair Clips or Scrapbooking--From NoBowNoGo. Click Here for details and Click Here to subscribe.
cheer leader hair bow clip instruction
ribbon darling hair bow clip instructions