key fob hardware marabou cherry-blossom-silk-hair-flower 3/8" double ruffle ribbon free tutorial-bottle caps felt circle http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/3in-spike-18pc-set.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Hooked On Embroidery > Embroidery General Talk

Old 03-17-2010, 07:26

Default applique question.. .singer futura

I have just bought a singer futura embroidery machine. I am wondering if anyone knows how to do applique with these. I have bought a few applique designs.. i'm just unsure of what settings to use and if I have to stop the machine myself to trim the fabric. I am just really confused.. if anyone could help me out that would be great or point me in the direction of a tutorial.

Thanks guys!!!

Happy St. Patricks Day~
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/thehairbowcompany.jpg
Old 03-17-2010, 07:32

Default Re: applique question.. .singer futura

I have this machine. It really depends on the applique that you purchase. Most have the stops built into the file. Some allow you to print a paper template and cut your fabric before you begin. I have all kinds of files. I have special applique scissors for the ones that don't have templates. The most important thing is if you remove the hoop to trim it don't turn off the machine because it will reset. Also try not to move the hooped fabric as you trim it.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:36

thank you so much for your help! i am excited to get to try it out! do you use a thread net on your spools? I haven't been able to find them anywhere.. i guess i'll have to order some online.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:40

There should have been two or three with the machine. I use them. I don't use the super large spools only the smaller and medium sizes and they work fine. I haven't needed any additional ones.

Also, by some quilt batting or fleece and test stitch your designs if you aren't sure about the files. You usually have to send most of the designs by block so it's pretty easy to figure out.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:58

OMG! I HATE This machine. I bought one and it has been nothing but trouble. When windows updates singer doesn't do an update until somesome emails them with the probel and where to fix it. Did yours come with updates for vista or windows 7? I have a dedicated laptop b/c I cant get a software upgrade to use on the machine. I have also had to uninstall and install the software soooo many times. Last time it was b/c the machine locked up and half of the design was moved over. After that I couldnt do any lettering. I need to reinstall everything again and try to update but I am still soooo frustrated I dont want to deal with it. Cant wait to get a new one.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:08

I have a dedicated computer that I don't use for anything other than this machine and I have XP on it. I have online access and an email account on it so I can download files. I haven't had a problem other than when the computer crashed which had nothing to do with the machine. More like my 20 years old son and Limewire. I researched for 6 months before I purchased one and I had all the info on this one the good, the bad and the ugly. I've used it for a couple of years now and I use the Singer website that they have for this machine. Lots of reading...my best friend always says that the instructions are my job. I have a three ring binder on stuff for this machine.

I hate that you've had problems. I bought the auto punch and the hyper font software and that's what I love. I can do anything on it and I don't have to buy something else. I wish I could help you. I know that its disappointing and this machine isn't cheap.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:38

I have the extra software and the dedicated computer. The problem is XP is as high as the operating system will allow. I also did a years worth of research ont eh machin before purchasing it. I have used it alot and accomplished alot with it but compared to other machine this is just not the most user friendly. The book cracked me up! I thought i was the only one who kept everything! Singer has actually contacted me a couple of times b/c my hubby is programming and he sent them the info on what needed to be chaged to make the machine work again. i am looking foward to my new machine. Just have to finish my year of research first.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:16

I have a Singer SES1000 and am running Vista...haven't had a problem (yet)...I am very new to embroidering and don't have the machine very long so I can't offer much help.

I also did research and also have the extra software.
Sponsored Links
hip girl boutique LLC forum advertisement--pink-lily-wholesale