New product--2.5' Zebra Printed Grosgrain Ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/peace-sign-grosgrain-ribbon-ads.jpg
New product--Hello Kitty, Elmo Cup Cake Rings For Bow Center
New Instructions--How to make korker hair bow using a korker box http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/pinklilywholesale-150-1.gif
New product--star ribbon for cheer bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Hooked On Embroidery > Embroidery General Talk

Old 09-09-2009, 12:25

Default Anyone have a Singer Futura CE 150?

I have been looking for an embroidery machine for some time. I'm so afraid of buyer's remorse that I haven't been able to commit to one. LOL. I prefer to spend only around $500. From reading about them, I know that a 4x4 max hoop area is way too small for me. I have found a new Singer Futura CE 150 for about $425 shipped. It has a max hoop area of 4.5 x 6.75. I think this should be big enough for what I need. I am wondering if anyone has this particular model and what are your likes/dislikes? I also looked at the CE 250, but it is about $800. I am mainly wanting to be able to do burp cloths, hair bows with initials, and children's t-shirts with names. Would this be a good machine for these items?
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/forum-ads-wool-felt-sm.jpg
Old 09-09-2009, 12:52

Default Re: Anyone have a Singer Futura CE 150?

I have the CE-350, it works great...you just have to get used to all the quircky things....like threading the machine right etc. I would assume all machines have quirks...but I don't know as this is the only embroidery machine i have. I have been able to do what you are wanting to just fine. However I've been trying to embroider on grosgrain ribbon and haven't had much success.....that could just be user error, lol

Nicole
Old 09-09-2009, 01:32

My Hubby just boughbt me a Futura 150 about two weeks ago and so far I LOVE IT! I havent embroidered much but its really user friendly I just need to learn how to use stabilizer and all that stuff. Otherwise for the $$ this ones GREAT....I wuldnt of wanted him to spend $700+ on a machine.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:48

I have the 150 and have had it for about 4 years. I love it, but do wish I could have a bigger hoop. I think, I could be wrong, but I think the major difference with 150 and 250 is that the 250 comes with the design software. The 150 comes with a few stock designs and 1 or 2 alphabets. There are tons of free designs on the web if you look for them, but make sure you test stitch them first. Some are not so friendly! LOL! I use Embird for my design software and I also have the font program which lets you turn any font on your computer into a stitch. You can purchase different fonts, but that gets expensive. I think total in my design programs it was +$500 on top of the machine itself. Whichever machine you get, make sure you use good stabilizer. I can't tell you how many things I've ruined because of the stabilizer.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:31

Ok, I need a little more educating. LOL. I think it is the Hyperfont software that allows you to use any font on your computer? If I have a program like Embird will it do the same thing? And are there several different Embird programs? I looked at their website and there was a LOT of stuff on there! Would I need both programs Hyperfont and Embird? Is Embird the type of program I need if I want to merge designs like in the pic I attached (from ebay- thanks if it's yours!). Could I accomplish this by doing the large initial first and then going back over it with the name without an additional program? I know that the CE 150 just hooks up to your computer to transfer designs. If I am only wanting to use a couple of different fonts to start with, I assume it would be cheaper to just buy the ones that I want and then maybe upgrade later. Thanks for the help!

Oh yeah, what is the best stabilizer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypiggysboutique View Post
I have the 150 and have had it for about 4 years. I love it, but do wish I could have a bigger hoop. I think, I could be wrong, but I think the major difference with 150 and 250 is that the 250 comes with the design software. The 150 comes with a few stock designs and 1 or 2 alphabets. There are tons of free designs on the web if you look for them, but make sure you test stitch them first. Some are not so friendly! LOL! I use Embird for my design software and I also have the font program which lets you turn any font on your computer into a stitch. You can purchase different fonts, but that gets expensive. I think total in my design programs it was +$500 on top of the machine itself. Whichever machine you get, make sure you use good stabilizer. I can't tell you how many things I've ruined because of the stabilizer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg embroidery sample.jpg (14.4 KB, 12 views)
Old 09-30-2009, 07:58

HI,

Just found this thread. I also have a CE 150, and love it. There is a learning curve but, it is pretty easy. I enjoy doing all sorts of embroidery and appliques and have found it is pretty easy to even size down 5x7 designs to fit in the large hoop. I wanted the hyperfont so I could just download any fonts I wanted for free and actually found someone who sells used disks with all 4 add on programs (AutoPunch, HyperFont, CrossStitch and PhotoStitch ) for VERY reasonably( I got mine for about 125.00 with shipping ). I use the HyperFont all the time, it definitely saves money on buying individual Font designs. If you did go ahead and get this machine I would definitely recommend investing in the HyperFont at least. Hope you enjoy it- I know I do. As far as stabilizer...I prefer tear away but do use soluible for towels etc. Have a great day !
Old 09-30-2009, 08:02

BTW- You really don't need a special program to merge the designs like in the pic. It is just a matter of putting down the Large intial first and then adding the name. I always make sure they are two different colors and size as I want.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:02

I just got the ce 150 about a week ago. I resized an applique number from a bout 3.5" to almost 5" tall. When I sewed it out the outline stitching didn't match up. Any clues????
Old 10-04-2009, 08:58

How did you do the resizing ? Did you just maually resize or did you use the resizing tool ? Also, if it is a stitch intensize design make sure to double stabilize.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:48

Hi, Can you tell me where you bought your software? I am just getting started and I can't spend a whole lot of money.

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Csholle
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg