150-forum-ads
hip girl boutique ballet dance gymnastic skating bun cover rhinestone hip girl boutique 40pc grosgrain ribbon wrapped 2 inch snap clips barrettes hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows clips
hip girl boutique 18pc grosgrain mini bow tie hair bow clips for baby infant toddler women adult
hip girl sparkle glitter headbands for dancing ballet stage cheerleading girls women high school college
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3in-spike-bows-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Hooked On Embroidery > Embroidery General Talk

Old 12-16-2007, 10:17

Default the kids.....

for you guys that have little ones like me. what do you do with them when you work on bows?
my kids drive me nuts when i sit down to make bows. the older 2 wanna "help" and the baby is just grabb'en everything!

HELP!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 12-16-2007, 10:18

I hate to admit it, but I usually turn on a movie or something and put my baby in her exersaucer. Or I wait until naptime and bedtime. I usually end up waiting until I can focus and not be bothered by them.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:21

you let your mom do it, lol! That is what happened with my daughter, so I do it. When the grands are over, I let the two year old help me with korkers. She hands me the dowel rods and the clothespins. The last time I made korkers, they weren't here. I couldn't believe how quick I was done with the winding without the "help."

it will be interesting to see how those of you with young ones do this...you don't get enough sleep as it is!

ISO: manners
Old 12-16-2007, 10:23

what are the ages of your little ones?

caide will be 6 soon
sarah is 4
and wade is 8 1/2 months.

i was working with my hotfix today and my heart dropped because i thought wade burned his hand on it. THANK GOODNESS he did not!
Old 12-16-2007, 10:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jill* View Post
what are the ages of your little ones?

caide will be 6 soon
sarah is 4
and wade is 8 1/2 months.

i was working with my hotfix today and my heart dropped because i thought wade burned his hand on it. THANK GOODNESS he did not!
Lauren is 3 this week
Sarah is 6 1/2 months.

Whenever I have my wood burner or glue gun I make sure I am right next to them so my kids don't touch them. If I leave I unplug them and let them cool off first! I would feel SO guilty if one of my girls burned themselves.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:45

I just remembered that a lot of times I get out the crayons, markers, scissors and paper and let my daughter to her crafts while I do mine. She enjoys doing it with me.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:04

Smile

My two girls are 5 and 2 and to try and work with them up is difficult. I usually stand at the counter so everything is high enough that no one can get hurt with cutters or hot glue. I also baby sit through the week so on top of my own I ussually have 2 six month olds, a 1 year old and a 3 year old! wow ya know when I say it in writing, now I know why all my friends think I am crazy!
Old 12-16-2007, 11:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyRYLI View Post
I was noticing your avatar, and your kids look tall! I thought your son was older.
caide is tall and thin, he out grows his clothes in length
sarah is chubby she wears 5/6/7 clothes
wade is chubby too, he wears 18 months

Last edited by *Jill*; 12-16-2007 at 11:22.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiff705 View Post
Ok, no kids here, but I do have Dave and Tiff. I have a short cord glue gun and I sit on the floor and the gun will stretch to the edge of the couch. Tiff will just walk right over it, gets glue all over her feet and cries because she burned her foot. She walks all over everything. Dave wants to touch all my stuff or always has a better way of organizing it, of course. I put on Sport Center for him and let him play so I can make bows .....LOL!
lol sarah! you have it as bad as i do!
Old 12-17-2007, 10:03

I normally have everything spread out on a table at all times and the kiddos know that it's off limits unless momma says so. LOL I normally wait till nap or bedtimes too. If I can't then i put on a movie and they are mesmerized by it. lol Mine are 8, 3 and 11 months.

Sponsored Links