5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Hip Girl Boutique It's a girl grosgrain satin ribbon collection
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

hip girl boutique grosgrain mini bow tie single prong alligator hair bow clips for baby infant new born women girl adult

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Crochet Happy > Crochet General Talk

Crochet General Talk Patterns, suppliers... ...

Old 10-12-2010, 09:06

Default Pattern exchange

I thought it would be fun to do a pattern exchange. Here's the adult Kufi pattern I did.

anyone else want to join!

Adult Kufi Hat Pattern
Materials List
  • About 150 yds worsted weight yarn
  • Size K/10.5 hook (6.5 mm)
  • Yarn needle
Finished Size
To fit 20-21 or an average adult woman
Gauge
13 sc and 14 rows = 4 (10 cm)
The Pattern
To Begin
Ch 4, sl st in first ch to join (note: you can also start with a magic ring).
Round 1: Ch 1, 6 sc into ring, sl st in first sc to join - 6 sc.
Round 2: Ch 1, 2 sc in each sc around, sl st in first sc to join - 12 sc.
Round 3: Ch 1, *2 sc in next st. sc in next st; rep from * around, sl st in first sc to join - 18 sc.
Round 4: Ch 1, *2 sc in next st. sc in each of next 2 sts; rep from * around, sl st in first sc to join - 24 sc.
Round 5: Ch 1, *2 sc in next st. sc in each of next 3 sts; rep from * around, sl st in first sc to join - 30 sc.
Round 6: Ch 1, *2 sc in next st. sc in each of next 4 sts; rep from * around, sl st in first sc to join - 36 sc.
Round 7: Ch 1, *2 sc in next st. sc in each of next 5 sts; rep from * around, sl st in first sc to join - 42 sc.
Round 8: Ch 1, *2 sc in next st. sc in each of next 6 sts; rep from * around, sl st in first sc to join - 48 sc.
Round 9: Ch 1, *2 sc in next st. sc in each of next 7 sts; rep from * around, sl st in first sc to join - 54 sc.
Round 10: Ch 1, *1 SC in first 8 stitches, 2 SC in eighth stitch around, repeat from * around, sl st in first sc to join
Round 11: Ch 1, *1 SC in first 9 stitches, 2 SC in eighth stitch around, repeat from * around, sl st in first sc to join
Round 12: Ch 1, *1 SC in first 10 stitches, 2 SC in eighth stitch around, repeat from * around, sl st in first sc to join
Round 13: Ch 1, *1 SC in first 11 stitches, 2 SC in eighth stitch around, repeat from * around, sl st in first sc to join
Round 14: Ch 1, *1 SC in first 12 stitches, 2 SC in eighth stitch around, repeat from * around, sl st in first sc to join
Round 15: Ch 1, *1 SC in first 13 stitches, 2 SC in eighth stitch around, repeat from * around, sl st in first sc to join
Round 16: Ch 1, *2 sc in next st. sc in each of next 8 sts; rep from * around, sl st in first sc to join
Round 17: Ch 3, dc in same st, *sk 2 sts, 3 dc in next st (1 shell made); rep from * around, ending sk last 2 sts, dc in first st of rnd, sl st in 3rd ch of beg ch-3 to join 20 shells.
Rounds 18-19: Ch 3, dc in same st. *sk 2 sts, 3 dc in center dc of next shell; rep from * around, ending with dc in first st of rnd, sl st in 3rd ch of beg ch-3 to join.
Round 20: Ch 1, sc in each st around, sl st in first sc to join
Round 21: Ch 1, sc dec in next 2 st, *sc in next 10 st, sc dec in next 2 st; rep from * around. sl st in first sc to join
Rounds 22-23: Ch 1, sc dec in next 3 st, *sc in next 10 st, sc dec in next 3 st; rep from * around, sl st in first sc to join
Round 24: Ch 1, sc in ea st around; sl st in first sc to join, finish off and weave ends.

Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2010, 08:31

Default Re: Pattern exchange

Thanks! I've got a pattern for a cupcake hat that I made...I'll post in on here for you later, if you're interested!
Old 10-14-2010, 06:38

That would be awesome! I hope that others post some patterns as well. It would be great to get new patterns!

Old 10-14-2010, 09:02

Materials:
Worsted Weight (#4) Yarn (I used: I Love this Yarn)
US G Hook
Small amount of polyester fiberfill (for cherry)
Icing:
Start with magic ring.
Rnd 1: Ch 2, 8 hdc into ring, slst to join. (8 sts)
Rnd 2: Ch 2, *2 hdc in next st*, repeat around, slst to join. (16)
Rnd 3: Ch 2, *2 hdc in next st, hdc in next st*, repeat around, slst to join. (24)
Rnd 4: Ch 2, *2 hdc in next st, hdc in next 2 sts*, repeat around, slst to join. (32)
Rnd 5: Ch 2, *2 hdc in next st, hdc in next 3 sts*, repeat around, slst to join. (40)
Rnd 6: Ch 2, *2 hdc in next st, hdc in next 4 sts*, repeat around, slst to join. (48)
Rnd 7: Ch 2, *2 hdc in next st, hdc in next 5 sts*, repeat around, slst to join. (56)
Rnd 8: Ch 2, *2 hdc in next st, hdc in next 6 sts*, repeat around, slst to join. (64)
Rnd 9: Ch 2, *2 hdc in next st, hdc in next 7 sts*, repeat around, slst to join. (72)
Rnd 10-16: Ch 2, *hdc in next st*, repeat around, slst to join. (72)
Rnd 17: sc in next st, *sk 2 sts, 5 tc and 1 sc in next st*, repeat around, slst to join.
Fasten off, and weave in loose ends.
Cake:
Holding the hat upside down, with back of the hat facing you, fold the “icing strip” (round 17) down onto the hat, to expose the back of the stitches of the hat. Go one row up from the connection of round 17 to locate the first FULL row of accessible stitches (round 15). Attach yarn to round 15; this will begin the first round of the cake. All rounds of the cake are the same; I stopped making the cake when I felt the hat was long enough to successfully cover my daughter’s ears (for me it was 7 rounds). I did not have a stitch count for the cake; just continue until you reach the first st of the row.
Rnd 1-7(?): Ch 2, *hdc in next st*, repeat around until reaching the first st of the row, slst to join.
Fasten off, and weave in loose ends.
Cherry:
Start with magic ring.
Rnd 1: Ch 1, 6 sc into ring. (6 sts)
Rnd 2: *2 sc in next st*, repeat around. (12)
Rnd 3: *2 sc in next st, sc in next st* repeat around. (18)
Rnd 4-6: *sc in next st*, repeat around. (18)
Rnd 7: *sc in next st, sc dec in next sts*, repeat around. (12)
Stuff firmly.
Rnd 8: *sk 1 st, sc in next st*, repeat around. (6)
Fasten off; leave a long tail for sewing. Sew cherry onto top of hat, and weave in loose ends.

I then used embroidery floss to sew on "sprinkles". You can use seed beads/whatever you like, I just chose the floss because I was too terrified of the beads coming loose on the hat.

Last edited by aarnold2002; 10-14-2010 at 09:06.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:05

I've made this pattern many times, but never had feedback from anyone else who made it...LMK what you think...the finished hat look is attached. It's a *terrible* pic, but it's the only snapshot I have of one of these.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01939.jpg (42.7 KB, 55 views)
Old 10-14-2010, 09:08

Love! Thanks for sharing! As soon as I finish up an order for a custom sunhat, I'm going to try this one. Too cute!
Old 10-14-2010, 09:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarnold2002 View Post
I've made this pattern many times, but never had feedback from anyone else who made it...LMK what you think...the finished hat look is attached. It's a *terrible* pic, but it's the only snapshot I have of one of these.
OMGsh!! I have never tried to crochet but I love that cupcake hat!! Darling little model too
Old 10-15-2010, 04:31

Your cupcake hat is just toooooo cute!! Can't wait to try out the pattern!! Thanks for posting it!!!

Old 10-15-2010, 10:22

Thanks ladies! If you've got any problems interpreting the "icing" strip or figuring the pattern out, JLMK!
Old 10-17-2010, 09:33

Ok so looking for a pattern for the headwrap/ear warmers.. anyone have one to share i soo wanna make them for my little girl n me.. thanks
Sponsored Links