150-forum-ads
hip girl boutique ballet dance gymnastic skating bun cover rhinestone hip girl boutique 40pc grosgrain ribbon wrapped 2 inch snap clips barrettes hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows clips
hip girl boutique 18pc grosgrain mini bow tie hair bow clips for baby infant toddler women adult
hip girl sparkle glitter headbands for dancing ballet stage cheerleading girls women high school college
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3in-spike-bows-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Crochet Happy > Crochet General Talk

Crochet General Talk Patterns, suppliers... ...

Old 10-11-2010, 06:00

Default Re: HELP!!! Kufi hat question

Phew, I think this is it? Is this the pattern you have?
KUFI
Chain 2
Round:

1: 6 SC in second chain from hook.
2: 2 SC in each stitch from round one. (12 SC)
3: * 1 SC in first stitch from round 2, 2 SC in second stitch, repeat from * around. (18 SC)
4: * 1 SC in first 2 stitches from round 3, 2 SC in third stitch, repeat from * around. (24 SC)
5: * 1 SC in first 3 stitches from round 4, 2 SC in fourth stitch, repeat from * around. (30 SC)
6: * 1 SC in first 4 stitches, 2 SC in fifth stitch, repeat from * around. (36 SC)
7: * 1 SC in first 5 stitches, 2 SC in sixth stitch, repeat from * around. ( 42 SC)
8: * 1 SC in first 6 stitches, 2 SC in seventh stitch, repeat from * around. ( 48 SC)
9: * 1 SC in first 7 stitches, 2 SC in eighth stitch around, repeat from * around. (54 SC)

Preemie:
Round 10: Chain 3 (this is equivalent to first DC). In next stitch, 3 DC. *Skip 3 stitches. In fourth stitch from previous shell, 4 DC. Repeat from * 11 more times. Skip 3 stitches. In fourth stitch from previous shell, 2 DC. Join to beginning of row, at the third chain stitch with a slip stitch.
Rounds 11-13: Slip stitch in first two stitches from chain. Chain 3 (this is a equivalent to a DC). In the space between the 2nd and 3rd DC of the shell stitch, 3 DC. *In the space between 2nd and 3rd DC of next shell, 4 DC. Repeat from * 11 more times. In last half-shell, 2 DC in the space between. Join to beginning of row, at the third chain stitch with a slip stitch.
Rounds 14-16: SC even in each stitch, 54 stitches
Round 17. Switch to hook H. SC even in each stitch, 54 stitches. Connect to first stitch of row with a slip stitch. Secure and hide yarn end.

NB:
Rounds 10-11: SC even in each stitch, 54 stitches in each round.
Round 12: Chain 3 (this is equivalent to first DC). In next stitch, 3 DC. *Skip 3 stitches. In fourth stitch from previous shell, 4 DC. Repeat from * 11 more times. Skip 3 stitches. In fourth stitch from previous shell, 2 DC. Join to beginning of row, at the third chain stitch with a slip stitch.
Rounds 13-15: Slip stitch in first two stitches from chain. Chain 3 (this is a equivalent to a DC). In the space between the 2nd and 3rd DC of the shell stitch, 3 DC. *In the space between 2nd and 3rd DC of next shell, 4 DC. Repeat from * 11 more times. In last half-shell, 2 DC in the space between. Join to beginning of row, at the third chain stitch with a slip stitch.
Rounds 16-18: SC even in each stitch, 54 stitches.
Round 19. Switch to hook I. SC even in each stitch, 54 stitches. Connect to first stitch of row with a slip stitch. Secure and hide yarn end.

3-6M:
Round 10: * 1 SC in first 8 stitches, 2 SC in ninth stitch around, repeat from * around. (60 SC).
Rounds 11-13: SC even in each stitch, 60 stitches in each round.
Round 14: Chain 3 (this is equivalent to first DC). In next stitch, 3 DC. *Skip 3 stitches. In fourth stitch from previous shell, 4 DC. Repeat from * 13 more times. Join to beginning of row, at the third chain stitch with a slip stitch.
Rounds 15-17: Slip stitch in first two stitches from chain. Chain 3 (this is a equivalent to a DC). In next stitch, 3 DC. *In the space between 2nd and 3rd DC of next shell, 4 DC. Repeat from * 13 more times. Join to beginning of row, at the third chain stitch with a slip stitch.
Rounds 18-20: SC even in each stitch, 60 stitches.
Round 21. Switch to hook I. SC even in each stitch, 60 stitches. Connect to first stitch of row with a slip stitch. Secure and hide yarn end.

9-12M:
Round 10: * 1 SC in first 8 stitches, 2 SC in ninth stitch around, repeat from * around. (60 SC).
Round 11: * 1 SC in first 9 stitches, 2 SC in tenth stitch around, repeat from * around. (66 SC).
Rounds 12-15: SC even in each stitch, 66 stitches in each round.
Round 16: Chain 3 (this is equivalent to first DC). In next stitch, 3 DC. *Skip 3 stitches. In fourth stitch from previous shell, 4 DC. Repeat from * 14 more times. Skip 3 stitches. In fourth stitch from previous shell, 2 DC. Join to beginning of row, at the third chain stitch with a slip stitch.
Rounds 17-19: Slip stitch in first two stitches from chain. Chain 3 (this is a equivalent to a DC). In next stitch, 3 DC. *In the space between 2nd and 3rd DC of next shell, 4 DC. Repeat from * 14 more times. In last half-shell, 2 DC in the space between. Join to beginning of row, at the third chain stitch with a slip stitch..
Rounds 20-22: SC even in each stitch, 66 stitches.
Round 23. Switch to hook I. SC even in each stitch, 66 stitches. Connect to first stitch of row with a slip stitch. Secure and hide yarn end.

18M:
Round 11: * 1 SC in first 9 stitches, 2 SC in tenth stitch around, repeat from * around. (66 SC).
Round 12: * 1 SC in first 10 stitches, 2 SC in eleventh stitch around, repeat from * around. (72 SC).
Rounds 13-17: SC even in each stitch, 72 stitches in each round.
Round 18: Chain 3 (this is equivalent to first DC). In next stitch, 3 DC. *Skip 3 stitches. In fourth stitch from previous shell, 4 DC. Repeat from * 16 more times. Join to beginning of row, at the third chain stitch with a slip stitch.
Rounds 19-21: Slip stitch in first two stitches from chain. Chain 3 (this is a equivalent to a DC). In next stitch, 3 DC. *In the space between 2nd and 3rd DC of next shell, 4 DC. Repeat from * 16 more times. Join to beginning of row, at the third chain stitch with a slip stitch.
Rounds 22-24: SC even in each stitch, 72 stitches.
Round 25. Switch to hook I. SC even in each stitch, 72 stitches. Connect to first stitch of row with a slip stitch. Secure and hide yarn end.

24M:
Round 12: * 1 SC in first 10 stitches, 2 SC in eleventh stitch around, repeat from * around. (72 SC).
Round 13: * 1 SC in first 11 stitches, 2 SC in 12th stitch around, repeat from * around. (78 SC).
Rounds 14-18: SC even in each stitch, 78 stitches in each round.
Round 19: Chain 3 (this is equivalent to first DC). In next stitch, 3 DC. *Skip 3 stitches. In fourth stitch from previous shell, 4 DC. Repeat from * 17 more times. Skip 3 stitches. In fourth stitch from previous shell, 2 DC. Join to beginning of row, at the third chain stitch with a slip stitch.
Rounds 20-22: Slip stitch in first two stitches from chain. Chain 3 (this is a equivalent to a DC). In next stitch, 3 DC. *In the space between 2nd and 3rd DC of next shell, 4 DC. Repeat from * 17 more times. In last half-shell, 2 DC in the space between. Join to beginning of row, at the third chain stitch with a slip stitch.
Rounds 23-25: SC even in each stitch, 78 stitches.
Round 26. Switch to hook I. SC even in each stitch, 78 stitches. Connect to first stitch of row with a slip stitch. Secure and hide yarn end
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteePatooteeBoutique View Post
Yes, I'm making them. Hats don't take me long to make, I just can't seem to find a pattern bigger than a small child. I'm a member on ravelry, I just can't find what I'm looking for. What do you think would be a fair price?

That would be AWESOME if you could do that for me!! Thanks so much!!
[email protected]
I just added it here, instead of e-mail, hth.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:21

I like the look of this one.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/58564278...-ribbon-flower
Old 10-11-2010, 06:28

$5-$7 is pretty darn cheap. I usually charge $8 for a plain kufi so with a flower I would go with $10-$12.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by flintb View Post
Phew, I think this is it? Is this the pattern you have?
KUFI
Chain 2
Round:

1: 6 SC in second chain from hook.
2: 2 SC in each stitch from round one. (12 SC)
3: * 1 SC in first stitch from round 2, 2 SC in second stitch, repeat from * around. (18 SC)
4: * 1 SC in first 2 stitches from round 3, 2 SC in third stitch, repeat from * around. (24 SC)
5: * 1 SC in first 3 stitches from round 4, 2 SC in fourth stitch, repeat from * around. (30 SC)
6: * 1 SC in first 4 stitches, 2 SC in fifth stitch, repeat from * around. (36 SC)
7: * 1 SC in first 5 stitches, 2 SC in sixth stitch, repeat from * around. ( 42 SC)
8: * 1 SC in first 6 stitches, 2 SC in seventh stitch, repeat from * around. ( 48 SC)
9: * 1 SC in first 7 stitches, 2 SC in eighth stitch around, repeat from * around. (54 SC)

10.1 SC in first 8 stitches, 2 SC in eighth stitch around, repeat from * around.
1 SC in first 9 stitches, 2 SC in eighth stitch around, repeat from * around.
12. 1 SC in first 10 stitches, 2 SC in eighth stitch around, repeat from * around.
1 SC in first 11 stitches, 2 SC in eighth stitch around, repeat from * around.
1 SC in first 12 stitches, 2 SC in eighth stitch around, repeat from * around.
1 SC in first 13 stitches, 2 SC in eighth stitch around, repeat from * around.
16-18.
Chain 3 (this is equivalent to first DC). DC in same stitch In next stitch, 3 DC. *Skip 2 stitches. In next stitch 3 DC.* continue from *
SC even in each stitch, 54 stitches
20-23. SC Dec in first stitch *sc in next 10 stitches, sc dec in next* repeat from*
24. sc in each stitch around. Finish off

Thanks!! It's very similar to the pattern I found. I had to do a LOT of altering. The red is what I had to alter to make it longer and adult sized.

I think it turned out pretty darn good. I'm gonna post a pic in the crochet pic forum.

Old 10-11-2010, 09:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteePatooteeBoutique View Post
Thanks!! It's very similar to the pattern I found. I had to do a LOT of altering. The red is what I had to alter to make it longer and adult sized.

I think it turned out pretty darn good. I'm gonna post a pic in the crochet pic forum.
You're welcome. Yes, you would have to because this pattern is only adjusted up to 24 months, but I made an adult one too. Just add some rows up top to make it longer, and your have to add stitches to make it wider for an adult, but it gives you the basics to figure it out. I'll look for your pic.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by flintb View Post
You're welcome. Yes, you would have to because this pattern is only adjusted up to 24 months, but I made an adult one too. Just add some rows up top to make it longer, and your have to add stitches to make it wider for an adult, but it gives you the basics to figure it out. I'll look for your pic.
Yeah, I added the row/stitches up top, then it was too wide, so I had to dec the last few rows, but I think it turned out great. I've got the pic posted now.

Sponsored Links