60% Off--Tulle
80% Off--Tulle

60% Off--Felt
80% Off--Felt
70% Off--Crochet Hats
70% Off--Crochet Hats
50% Off--Crochet Headbands
50% Off--Crochet Headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Business Issues > Craft Show

Craft Show Share your experience, help each other and good luck.

Old 10-24-2011, 05:15

Question My show this past weekend, need opinions please

I had a show this past weekend and there were at least 150 vendors. Of course there were at least 8 other bow vendors and 2 tutu vendors, which is normal in my area. There may have been more but I didn’t get the opportunity to walk around much. What I did notice was a couple of vendors selling their items very low, or least low in my book. Here’s what I saw at a few booths: $2 flattened bottlecap necklaces, $1 3” tuxedo bows, $3 rhinestone flowers (prepackaged nicely), $5 5” stacked bows (very nice), a booth with nothing over $2 (nothing handmade, swap meet stuff) and the best priced item was feather hair extensions INSTALLED 2 for $5. I didn’t go around asking prices, those are just the signs I noticed when I walked around looking for something sweet to eat! Am I grossly overpriced because I think those prices are low. For example, I sell my bottlecap necklaces for $5, rhinestone flowers for $5, and small bows $3 or 2 for $5. Are my prices fair or am I overpriced? Oh, I was selling my mini hats, decorated with fabric flowers, rhinestone buttons, feathers & tulle for $10 (which I thought was cheap compared to what I’ve seen) and a lady looked like she was going to pass out when I told her the price. She literally dropped it back on the table and walked out of my booth! LOL

Considering I had a crappy location and had some cheaper competition, I made around $200, so it could have been a lot worse, but definitely not what I was hoping for. Oh, and there was this one woman who was a 1st timer and asked me where I buy my supplies and how to make certain things. She makes hair stuff and she hardly had any inventory, so she’s not really competition for me, but I thought it was a little rude of her to ask me. I think I’m a friendly and helpful, but I don’t know this woman and for her to come to my booth and straight out ask me, I was a little surprised. My mom said she heard her looking at my booth shaking her head saying “I am so not happy with this!”, whatever that’s supposed to mean.

Anyhoo, please let me know if you think my prices are fair……. Thanks ladies!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 10-24-2011, 05:49

Default Re: My show this past weekend, need opinions please

I think your prices definately sound fair! Some people want cheap china made stuff, and others will pay more for unique quality handmade items. Sounds like those cheaper vendors are working for pennies.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:59

Your prices sound fair to me.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:56

Thanks for the input ladies!
Old 10-24-2011, 08:52

They sound extremely fair to me. Its so frustrating going to shows and having other bow vendors undercutting. Especially when you KNOW they are buying crap from China and reselling.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:12

I think your pricing sounds fair to me. I wouldn't change them. Most folks associate really low prices with junk. And the lady probably was refererring to your booths being so close together. Also, I've had people ask me where I get my supplies from as well. I just either tell them from an online supplier or I tell the that I prefer not to share that information. I even had a lady at my last show ask exactly where I get my embroidery designs. The nerve of some people huh.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:11

One thought I had in reading (actually rereading) your post, is you say you had to tell her the price. I find it t be really helpful to have all prices clearly marked. That way if someone likes something and is admiring it, they know the price up front and whether they can afford to buy it.

I struggle with keeping tags on headbands because they tend to slide off or get lost, but everything else is clearly marked as you walk into my booth.

Wholesale site: http://www.zibbet.com/TheCraftCorner
Old 10-27-2011, 01:35

Your pricing sounds fair to me too.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:52

Your pricing sounds more than fair to me.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:18

Your prices sound reasonable to me. Lots of the same types of booths, lure you in with the signs that you saw and then have the items they are making money on.

What is a mini hat? I guess I'm off to google....
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg