5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Hip Girl Boutique It's a girl grosgrain satin ribbon collection
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

hip girl boutique grosgrain mini bow tie single prong alligator hair bow clips for baby infant new born women girl adult

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Business Issues > Craft Show

Craft Show Share your experience, help each other and good luck.

Old 10-08-2011, 10:40

Default Display bottle caps at show?

I know several ladies use the jewelry trays for displaying bottle caps at shows. My question is what size? I know storesupply.com has them, do you need both the insert and the tray? Is this the best place to get them? Do you get the one with 32 slots?
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 10-08-2011, 11:00

Default Re: Display bottle caps at show?

Yes the one with 32 slots works perfectly, and I get the tray to put them in works really nice for storage between shows.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:04

I don't get the tray - I just stack the ones with the caps in. Work great!
Old 10-09-2011, 12:11

I have been pondering this as well, as I need a better display. My problem with the trays is they take up valuable space on my table. I have so little table space in a 10 x 10 booth anyway that I don't want to give any up.

What I really need is a cool hanging display or self standing display. I haven't found not I like yet though.

Wholesale site: http://www.zibbet.com/TheCraftCorner
Old 10-09-2011, 12:39

I bought a cheap baking sheet at Walmart and spray painted it black, then did a clear coat.

I then bought 2 plate stands for cheap at Walmart and I stand the baking sheet up on the 2 stands and all my bottle caps are on there. I should say mine are bottle cap magnets, so this might not work if you are just selling bottle caps
Old 10-09-2011, 01:08

What I am using right now and I confess I don't love it, is a big 2X4 piece of wood covered with fabric and mounted on legs. I put strips of magnetic tape across the top half and I put my bottlecap keychain/zipper pulls there.

The bottom half has some rows of nails from which I hang necklaces. They get way more attention when hanging against a background. I also have a turning necklace stand, but that doesn't catch people's eye as they walk by like the board does.

I think the ideal thing would be a mounted piece of pegboard with pegs where I could hang neclaces at different heights. I just don't think another big item will fit in my car. I have a small car and very limited space so I have to think about that when designing a new display too.

Wholesale site: http://www.zibbet.com/TheCraftCorner
Old 10-09-2011, 01:16

I use a spinner for the BC necklaces, a big CD spinner for magnets and a small teir holder for bookmarks. If you go to my FB page (www.facebook.com/missprissgifts) I have pics in the wall photos and behind the scenes of Miss priss album of lots of my displays. I change my display quite often depepnding on the show and how much space I have.
Old 10-09-2011, 03:11

My husband was suggesting a way to do them on our grid wall but I fear that they would fall off. He wanted to get some slanting shelves for the grid and put them on there but I told him that little grabby hands would cause the shelves, trays, caps or a combination of the three to take a fall into the dirt. Store supply has some of the slant shelves but i'm going to wait and see how many little fingers wind up on the caps first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frteach View Post
I have been pondering this as well, as I need a better display. My problem with the trays is they take up valuable space on my table. I have so little table space in a 10 x 10 booth anyway that I don't want to give any up.

What I really need is a cool hanging display or self standing display. I haven't found not I like yet though.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:13

Mine all have magnets on them, so I use a big magnetic dry erase white board (from Target). It's about 2 feet by 3 feet and holds a ton of caps! I just prop the board up against a TV tray wood table. It's right on kid level and a great draw into my booth. I put a basket with my chokers and the price sign and explanation as to what they are on the table. Works great for me and is way to store and transport.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:19

I, too, want to do them on slanting shelves. I bought one of the black shelves from Store Supply, but it is only 12" deep and I keep my caps in the trays that are 14" deep!!! GRRRR!!!! I really need shelf supports that are 14" long and are actually able to angle down a bit. Then I would cover my wood shelves with a bit of indoor outdoor carpet and put a piece of velcro on the back of the tray - to hold them in place. I just need the slanting shelf supports.....it is a quest....UGh....
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomsandbows View Post
My husband was suggesting a way to do them on our grid wall but I fear that they would fall off. He wanted to get some slanting shelves for the grid and put them on there but I told him that little grabby hands would cause the shelves, trays, caps or a combination of the three to take a fall into the dirt. Store supply has some of the slant shelves but i'm going to wait and see how many little fingers wind up on the caps first.
Sponsored Links

Tags
bottle cap, display, tray