hipgirl solid grosgrain ribbon 100yd

polka dot 100ydhttp://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=126_127_239

hipgirl printed ribbon
2.5" Solid Ribbons
2.25" Solid Ribbons
1.5" Ribbon -- 25 YD
7/8" Ribbon -- 25 YD
3/8" Ribbon -- 25 YD
Sequin Trim
Velvet Ribbons
Licensed Ribbon
Schiff Solid
7/8" Offray Solid

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Business Issues > Craft Show

Craft Show Share your experience, help each other and good luck.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:51

Default Fundraiser for a horrific tragedy. Warning..it's not nice.

So we had a horrific tragedy last week in my home town. A mother who suffered from Bipolar disorder stabbed her 4 year old little girl in the neck and her 5 year old little girl has stab wounds in the hands. The girls survived thank goodness. Unfortunately the mother then turned on herself and she died. It is the worst thing that has ever happened in this area. I cannot believe it. As it turns out as well, my best friend had a birthday party for her little boy and these little girls were there. My daughter played with them the whole day and even still talks about them now. My heart goes out to the family. Their father is absolutely devasted as you can imagine. These little girls will be traumatised for a very long time and will need constant counselling to get through this.

So the same friend who's little boys go to Pre-school with the girls is organising a 'Garage Sale' Fundraiser at the pre-school to raise money for the little girl's hospital bills which are huge as she's been in intensive care. She has asked me to donate some hair clips, headbands etc. Now, I've never done a craft stall before so I'm just wondering what I should donate? I make clippies, Flower bows and have now begun to make boutique bows with headbands and also pigtail bows. I'm just not sure how much to take with me. Should I take a doll to model the headbands? This is all very new to me.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2008, 08:53

Default Re: Fundraiser for a horrific tragedy. Warning..it's not nice.

Oh! That is awful! Prayers for those little girls!

How nice of you to help out...I don't do craft shows, so I can't help in that respect, but wanted to let you know it is awesome you're helping and we'll certainly pray for them and their dad, too.

ISO: manners
Old 05-20-2008, 09:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativekiddos View Post
Omg that is just horrible. I am shocked no one noticed the mother was falling apart. Her medication was not being taken or she was not dosed correctly. She should have been better taken care of. Those poor little girls, I sure hope they do not blame themselves for this. I am very sorry. What can we do?
Apparently it was known that she suffered from this but it sounds like she didn't take her medication. I'm not really sure of the inside info as it's being investigated.

I really don't think there is anything that you can do from where you are unfortunately. I just live way way way too far away from you girls. It sounds like there is going to be a lot of people involved though. My friend has organised this craft stall which will have, my stuff and about 5 other friends things ranging from, tshirts to jewellery, bookmarks etc.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Babies Bowtique View Post
Oh! That is awful! Prayers for those little girls!

How nice of you to help out...I don't do craft shows, so I can't help in that respect, but wanted to let you know it is awesome you're helping and we'll certainly pray for them and their dad, too.
Thank you so much for your prayers
Old 05-20-2008, 10:00

OH my gosh, that is so horrible I am so sorry for those little girls'. I hope that you guys are able to raise a lot of money for them. Good luck.

(Sorry no advice, I haven't sold bows yet.)

September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. Because kids get cancer, too.
*Proud Mommy to 3 great kids!
Old 05-21-2008, 01:02

That is horrible! I'm so glad you are trying to help, I wish we could do more then give you advice. For a display, make one of the picture frame displays for you bows and clips and for the head bands, find a rolled oats container or something round and wide, cover it with cute fabric or wrapping paper and then you have a display for your headbands. If you don't know what the picture frome display is, all you do is take an old picture frame, cover the carboard with fabric, run some ribbons vertically, and you have a display to put in an easel or on the wall. I hope it goes well for you and everyone else who is helping.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:36

Wow, thats awful! We will keep them in our prayers! As far as how much to take I don't have the slightest clue! Maybe some of the girls here could donate some stuff and send it to you to help a bit. I would be more than happy to send a few things to you!
Old 05-21-2008, 03:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferg1002 View Post
Wow, thats awful! We will keep them in our prayers! As far as how much to take I don't have the slightest clue! Maybe some of the girls here could donate some stuff and send it to you to help a bit. I would be more than happy to send a few things to you!
Thank you so much for your kind offer but I think we've got enough now. My friend has contacted all of our other crafty friends and everyone is pitching in so we've got so much stuff it's fantastic and that's just our little craft stall. There is going to be a lot of other types of stalls as well so we should raise a fair bit of money hopefully.

Thank you all for your prayers, I've passed them onto the pre-school and it is very much appreciated.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:44

That is so sad. My heart and prayers goes out to that family. I will be happy to donate something as well. It would be nice if all the hip girls on the forum could send you $5.00 and you could pass it along to the family. I know how dr bills can add up and you can never have enough money. If nothing else the girls can buy them something nice when they recover. Let me know if I can do anything.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chantilly View Post
Thank you so much for your kind offer but I think we've got enough now. My friend has contacted all of our other crafty friends and everyone is pitching in so we've got so much stuff it's fantastic and that's just our little craft stall. There is going to be a lot of other types of stalls as well so we should raise a fair bit of money hopefully.

Thank you all for your prayers, I've passed them onto the pre-school and it is very much appreciated.
Oh my goodness, that's terrible!!!

How wonderful that your community is coming together to help though!

I know you guys will do really well for such a great cause!
Sponsored Links