Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Business Issues > Craft Show

Craft Show Share your experience, help each other and good luck.

Old 05-19-2008, 07:08

Default Strawberry Festival

Here's are my pics from The Strawberry Festival.

They did a contest for the best decorated booth. I came in 3rd. I am way too competitive for that. 3rd is not okay with me! Plus, 1st place won 250 bucks. I got a rather large trophy and Natalie promptly dropped it and shattered the marble. Gary accused me of breaking it on purpose so I can throw it away. LOL (even he said I deserved to win!)

Front View:

Front View:

Side View:

Side View:

And...just 'cause I love 'em AND they are being nice to each other:

Nathan dancing on the stage with the entertainment. The STAGE is who won for Best Decorated BOOTH. They did a phenomenal job, yes, but they aren't a BOOTH. Plus, I can't compete with 15-20 people working on something, complete with corporate sponsorship. *sigh*

Isn't she adorable?

The Strawberry Festival was awesome because they had a whole children's building! All children's vendors were supposed to be in 1 area. They had entertainment for them (stage shows), play areas, and bounce houses. It was awesome as a family vending location. I wish all places had a great set-up like that.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 05-19-2008, 07:14

Default Re: Strawberry Festival

girl it looks great!
Old 05-19-2008, 07:15
Super Moderator

looks like it was alot of fun! I wish I had been able to stop by.

Old 05-19-2008, 07:16

Wow!!! Your booth looks great!!! And your little ones are adorable!! Are those petticoats in the pics?? I would love to get Adri one. Do you make them??

BTW-- how did you do??
Old 05-19-2008, 07:19

I did pretty well, between 1400-1500. I had pageant moms hit the store. God love the Pageant Mom.

I didn't make the pettiskirts. I bought 'em. I have the directions and fabric to make them. I just have no time... I make a million bows every single day. It's crazy how many bows I make. I made 16 3-inch white ones for the show. There was 1 left. I'm glad I sell so much, but it's like AHHHHH sometimes.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:20

Your booth looks great~~what is on the top?? I would also like info on buying the petticoats!!
Old 05-19-2008, 07:58

I made several layers for my top. First, I took 4 strings of white Christmas lights and circled around the top of the tent (Christmas Tree Style). Second, I sewed together several lime green plastic table cloths (Walmart party section, 1 buck each). Third, I sewed several lengths of Christmas green tulle and allowed it to drape and clump. Finally, I took around 20 25-foot garlands and put them on the top (garlands from HL)

I used around 40 yards of red tulle to drape on the sides of my "strawberry" tent.

Pettiskirts- I sell them for 65 each. I have all sorts of sizes. I can accomodate size requests, but it's not very speedy.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:22

WOW!! Your booth looks fabulous! I'm glad it went so well for you!!

http://www.allybugbowtique.com
Old 05-19-2008, 10:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldelzer View Post
I did pretty well, between 1400-1500. I had pageant moms hit the store. God love the Pageant Mom.

I didn't make the pettiskirts. I bought 'em. I have the directions and fabric to make them. I just have no time... I make a million bows every single day. It's crazy how many bows I make. I made 16 3-inch white ones for the show. There was 1 left. I'm glad I sell so much, but it's like AHHHHH sometimes.
Congradulations--Where will your next show be?????
Old 05-20-2008, 12:47

Thanks!

I'm taking this next weekend off (boo!) and then it's off to Canton. I think this month will be my last month at Old Mill in Canton. The Canton Marketplace (a more upscale venue) owners were personally "courting me" this past weekend. The wife had a specific location where she wanted me to be and all that good stuff. It's a nice location and great traffic. I think I may move there.

Then it's....

Possibly the Pasadena Peddler's Show June 6-8 (full, I'm waitlisted)
Back-up: Snookfest. Yeah, this one will be a 200 buck day. LOL Entry is 15 though!
June 14th- Stanton, TX: Old Sorehead Days. FIRST DAY OF PARTNERSHIP WITH JENNYGOFF!
June 21st- Sami Show in Belton. Jenny takes Round Top's Creative Market (classy place!)
June 28th: Rosenberg Peddler's Show

So... something every weekend in June. YAY!
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.