Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(20x2yd Solid Boutique Ribbons)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-satin-autism-pinwheel-bow.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/glitter-ribbon-250.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/kanzashi-flower-butterfly-forum-ads.JPG
New product--1.8mm bottle cap hole punch

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Business Issues > Craft Show

Craft Show Share your experience, help each other and good luck.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:19

Default money question-for craft shows

So I am doing my HUGE show next week and I am wondering how much change you ladies bring with you..All of my items are a dollar amount no change(pennies,dimes,nickels,or quarters) just even dollar amounts..They are expecting 100,000+ people so I am wondering what you ladies bring as in how many 1's,5's,10's and 20's..thanks..
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:38

Default Re: money question-for craft shows

I bring about $150.00. 30 ones, 6 fives, 3 tens, and 3 twenty dollar bills. You can usually get more change from the food vendors if you run out. I used to only bring ones, fives, and tens until I had a show where my first customer gave me $100.00 bill and took every bit of my change!
Old 06-28-2011, 10:55

I do small craft shows and I bring $100 to those and sometimes run out and that is no more then 500 people..so for 100,000 I didnt know how much to bring..
Old 06-28-2011, 11:21

We typically bring $100 no matter what the size is. 70 in 5's and 30 in 1's. There is an off chance that you will get a $100 one of your first transactions, but usually at a big show you are so busy that you will make more than enough to build up your change bank that you can easily make change for a big bill pretty quickly.

HTH!
Old 06-28-2011, 02:33

I am in Canada and I usually bring 100 in change BUT if it is a show not near any banking machines then I bring 150-200 in change

Old 06-28-2011, 11:02

I usually bring at least $150 in change. $50 in ones, $50 in fives and $50 in tens. I take double that if its a larger show. HTH.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:24

for smaller shows I bring $100-$150, mostly ones, but some 5's, 10's and maybe a 20. However, for my larger shows I go with at least $350. Most of my shows will allow me to get change one time a day, which is a definite bonus! I would rather take more than I needed than have to turn down customers because I can't make them change
Old 06-29-2011, 12:10

I usually start with 100 too. With mostly ones and go from there. I had a guy last year give me a 100 bill for an 8 product. I hesitated for a moment cause I was afraid it would be a fake! It wasn't btw. But makes you wonder.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
I usually start with 100 too. With mostly ones and go from there. I had a guy last year give me a 100 bill for an 8 product. I hesitated for a moment cause I was afraid it would be a fake! It wasn't btw. But makes you wonder.
Maybe buying and taking one of those conterfiet money pens....that way if you get a $100 you can check it first. IDK, just a thought.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:30

I bring 100 usually. I try to have at least one 20. Never know when someone is gonna give you a 100. I usually do enough sales to have extra for change, but for a show that big I don't know. Might wanna bring 200.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg