printed bottle caps fabric tape 5/8" dot grosgrain ribbon stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Business Issues > Craft Show

Craft Show Share your experience, help each other and good luck.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:06

Default My first show didn't go to well...

Unfortunately my first show was a bust. It was a good learning experience though. It wasn't just me though, no one did well. It is Talladega weekend and there was a giant concert tonight so not many people came. I was five dollars away from making my booth fee back.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/PoshPrincessBows1.jpg
Old 04-16-2011, 10:11

Default Re: My first show didn't go to well...

oh no i am so sorry to hear that but have faith that the next one will be great.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:41

my very first show didnt go so well either. i am looking forward to the ones coming up. i heard from the other vendors there that spring craft fairs dont do as well. so keep your head up, i am sure your future shows will b good.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:51

so sorry. but i'm sure that you will do better next time. at least you got to play with setting up your display and stuff like that. did you take pictures. would love to see them if you did.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:43

Im So sorry to hear that, think positive and look forward to your next one!
Old 04-17-2011, 01:24

Sorry that's always a bummer but keep ur head up the next one will be better!!
Old 04-17-2011, 07:17

Sorry to hear your fist show was not a good one. For me personally, I usually do not do well at Spring/Summer shows but I do some here and there (I will be doing one in my town on July 23) for others they are wonderful. It depends on your area I think. Take something good away from every show you do...shows are always a work in progress...you learn set up techniques, you talk to other vendors and learn tips and tricks as well as other show information, you get customer interaction...some good....some not ...there is a treasure trove of information at a show...even if if is not a profitable one dollar wise (she says as she steps down from her soap box)
If you took pictures be sure to post them and if you didn't be sure to take some of your next show. We love to see how others set up their display... we may get some ideas from you or maybe we can offer you some suggestions and besides I'm nosey LOL. I wish you good luck at your next show.

Diane

Last edited by Diane Crafts; 04-17-2011 at 07:18. Reason: to remove double signature
Old 04-17-2011, 08:18

Don't feel bad. My show yesterday was super duper cold and windy. So windy that my tent/canopy ended up in a ball down the street! So my first $100 in sales went strait to a new tent it was miserable.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:06

Default Re: My first show didn't go to well...(updated with pictures)

Oh no! I'm sorry about your tent. I did take pictures, but am having a hard time uploading them. I will try again though. It is like my husband said "I would feel bad if everyone else around you was selling and you weren't, but that wasn't the case". I loved doing the show! I had a blast hanging out with my sister all day. I think I am going to do another local one in the fall.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0938.jpg (60.2 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0939.jpg (69.2 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0940.jpg (87.2 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0941.jpg (82.9 KB, 86 views)
Old 04-18-2011, 02:19

Default Re: My first show didn't go to well...(updated with pictures)

Aww, sorry it didn't go as planned. We didn't do as much as we normally do at Trade Days this weekend either. Everybody was either watching A-day games, Talledega, or gone to the concert. So I can relate! I mean, we did good, but not as well as I would have liked. But then again nobody did good this weekend there

Where were you set up at?
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/deescraftsupplies-300.png