New product--flat back resin
Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Polka Dot Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-20x2yd Swiss Polka Dot
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/heatnbond-lt-ad.jpg
New product--frog grosgrain ribbon
New product--5/8' dippin' dots grosgrain ribbon
New product--pop dots

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Business Issues > Craft Show

Craft Show Share your experience, help each other and good luck.

Old 11-23-2010, 05:45

Default Huge show opportunity--- HELP!

So I agreed to this and I am already panicking lol. Its a weekend long show, expected over 20,000 people in attendence (this is the 6th year I believe). I've only done one tiny church show so far, where I made $10 because no one came lol. This show isn't until mid-February so I have time to plan well. There are no other booths with handmade children's items.

I have a 10x10 booth space. I need to get a cc swiper of some sort and another table, maybe more display racks. I am considering contacting 2 people I know, one is a friend 2 states away who makes tutus and cute applique t-shirts and super hero capes. Another makes the most beautiful crochet hats (not like the ones we put flowers on, like winter hats) and asking them if they would like to consign some things in order to increase what I have to offer.

I am also considering looking at wholesale boutique bows, just the basic solid color ones, and then adding my personal touch. I guess I should have plain solid colored bows as well, I generally only do unique bows. Maybe I should buy those wholesale too?

I make burp cloths and have some customized clothing I will bring.

I guess I just need ideas and reassurance because my family is all underwhelmed about the idea while I know its a huge opportunity. My business will be advertised on 3 major websites as well as in grocery stores throughout 2 states!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 11-23-2010, 05:46

Default Re: Huge show opportunity--- HELP!

If you want any scutptures, princesses and such i can help..

Holiday, Princess, ballet shoes.....

ALL PROUDLY MADE IN THE U.S.A.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:50

Good Luck !!! I just done a huge show like this and did awesome. I did it with my sister and we had alot of variety to offer.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiesmoon View Post
If you want any scutptures, princesses and such i can help..
Thank you! I probably will be contacting you after the holidays (fair is 2/12 and 2/13), I love your stuff
Old 11-23-2010, 06:27

The more you have at the show, the more you will sell! I have so many people ask if I have a brick and mortar store and I'm pretty sure they'd come if I did, but I don't and not too many come back to the website or fb. I'm doing a small show next month, but bringing a ton because people always ask if I have more styles, design, whatever, and I don't think I'm good at describing things. People also seem to like being able to match things, like a hat and a bow or skirt or shirt and a bow or headband, etc. I'm also available to help make stock for you, if you need it. Good luck, it sounds awesome!
Old 11-24-2010, 12:30

I totally agree with the PP, the more you have the more you can sell. I've had a good year, too, so this sounds like a really exciting show! Good luck to you!
Old 11-24-2010, 06:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by flintb View Post
The more you have at the show, the more you will sell! I have so many people ask if I have a brick and mortar store and I'm pretty sure they'd come if I did, but I don't and not too many come back to the website or fb. I'm doing a small show next month, but bringing a ton because people always ask if I have more styles, design, whatever, and I don't think I'm good at describing things. People also seem to like being able to match things, like a hat and a bow or skirt or shirt and a bow or headband, etc. I'm also available to help make stock for you, if you need it. Good luck, it sounds awesome!

Thank you! I emailed the girl with the crochet hats today (she had messaged me hoping to trade some of her hats for my girls for some bows for her niece...I said yes Ma'am!) so hopefully she will go for it! She lives about 15 minutes from me so it would work out well!

Here's her stuff www.theheadsaid.com they are just incredible in person and she's really nice, I highly recommend her!
Old 11-27-2010, 02:15

Sounds like a great opportunity and hopefully by then, people will be getting their tax refunds and be ready to spend, spend, spend! Good luck, let us know how it goes!
Old 11-27-2010, 02:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
Thank you! I emailed the girl with the crochet hats today (she had messaged me hoping to trade some of her hats for my girls for some bows for her niece...I said yes Ma'am!) so hopefully she will go for it! She lives about 15 minutes from me so it would work out well!

Here's her stuff www.theheadsaid.com they are just incredible in person and she's really nice, I highly recommend her!

Good luck!!! I'm hoping next year is going to be just as good as this year at shows for me if not better!!!

Those hats are adorable!!!
Old 11-28-2010, 09:51

Thanks everyone! Im nervous still but have to get through a smaller school fair this weekend first lol. Im starting to stock up on some things here and there as I have $$, slowly but surely.... I got in on the UB ribbon buy so that will help, I do plan to buy some wholesale pinwheel and solid color bows (just not my thing but I know they will be a seller, plus my retailer was asking for some). I think I am going to buy some wholesale boutique bows too and then just zoosh (sp? lol) them up myself, just to save some of the work!

Now to figure out some display stuff!
Sponsored Links

disney princess, mickey mouse, minnie mouse ribbon http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon.jpg