Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE!

Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/)
-   Craft Show (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/craft-show/)
-   -   Setup pics and help (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/craft-show/69351-setup-pics-help.html)

sla762 11-22-2010 08:42

Setup pics and help

5 Attachment(s)
Had my second largest show on Saturday - my goal is to always beat the sales I had the year before by even just a bit, and I did that, so I was happy. In all $1400. I am going to attach the pics from last year first of my booth and then this year. Last year I only had 4' grid wall, so set up a 8x10 spot, this year, used the entire 10x10 but still don't like the space. Am I trying to cram too much in? Do I need to go to a double spot? Different setup?/ I do bring 800 caps with me as they are a great seller, but I want them all out and tried to not use a table to set them up this year. Ugh. Frustrated. I constantly change my booth. Help. I need some good solid criticism here, ladies. :)

These pics are from last year....
next post from this year...

sla762 11-22-2010 08:45

Re: Setup pics and help

4 Attachment(s)
This year....(caught my mom in a suprise moment!!)

HELP! Be honest

TinasK 11-22-2010 10:12

Grats on a great show. I'm the same way never happy with my display and always changing. I think it looks good though. I like your pink and green.

Gracies Mom 11-22-2010 11:21

Hmm, for some reason, the second set of pics look like a smaller space?? Maybe its the angle of the pics. I personally like the first set up, it's more open, giving parents with strollers more access.

Thanks for sharing!

mum2one 11-22-2010 11:52

By the photos it looks like this years space is smaller... not as wide of an opening to get into your 'booth'?? I don't think you brought too much stuff... it looks great. Lots of stuff to choose from :) And you made really good $$~ way to go!!

sla762 11-23-2010 05:59

I know! Strangely it did look smaller! But I think that was because I had a rounder stuck inside there, and I had to put up 2 end 2' pieces to stabilize the rest. Last year I didn't do that - ummm...a little shaky!!!!

adgttu 11-24-2010 11:34

I agree, last year's space looks bigger. Last year I went to getting doubles because the stroller moms were taking up too much space. Just by doing this, my sales went up tremendously. Also, I think when you have a smaller space it's easier for someone to overlook your products. By opening up your space it's harder for them to just walk by and not notice something.

karina721 11-24-2010 11:42

It looks like the ends had two grid sections coming in. I think that's what made your space look smaller. I do like that you didn't have tables but the shelves on the grids. Looks cleaner. Maybe you can stack a couple trays on each other so people can switch the trays around to look and that'll give you space to hang up some of your tutus to move that spindel display? Giving it the more open feel?

bowmachine 11-25-2010 06:00

I would also suggest moving some of your items from the front to the back/middle of your display. Leave the 'big attraction' things up front but it looks a little like the front of your display is PACKED but the back was empty with lots of grid wall space showing.

You could also move your table/checkout area to the back to give the front a less crowded look.

I just looked again....could you hang the tutus under the caps on the bottom of the grid?

Micah'sMommee 11-25-2010 08:13

I love it! Very chic!