new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Business Issues > Craft Show

Craft Show Share your experience, help each other and good luck.

Old 07-27-2010, 11:11

Default Fabric for Tables?

I don't know if I should get fabric from JoAnn's for covering my tables at my craft show this weekend, or go out and buy some sheets?

None of my sheets, I'd want to use. They're high thread count ones, but i've had them for quite a while. Some are taupe and some are tan.

What do you do?

If you buy sheets, what size do you buy? My tables are about 3 or 4 feet by 6 feet I think.

If you use fabric, how many yards and do you make a hem around the edges or anything?
Sponsored Links

wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 07-27-2010, 11:25

Default Re: Fabric for Tables?

My tables are 6' long and maybe 3' wide. I use white twin size sheets from Walmart, I think they were about $4. I purchased 2 yards of fabric, cut it down the middle and use it as a runner. It looks really cute and I didn't have the expense of buying enough for the entire table. I zigzagged the edges of the fabric so it wouldn't ravel.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:27

Thanks! I don't suppose you have a picture of how it looked to share? I am a visual type person lol trying to picture where about on the runner you put the zigzag too lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divasmom8 View Post
My tables are 6' long and maybe 3' wide. I use white twin size sheets from Walmart, I think they were about $4. I purchased 2 yards of fabric, cut it down the middle and use it as a runner. It looks really cute and I didn't have the expense of buying enough for the entire table. I zigzagged the edges of the fabric so it wouldn't ravel.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:43

I use my table cloths from my wedding, we bought a TON of them, and if you are interested we are selling them for cheap. I cant remember the measurements but they go to the ground on a 6x3 table
Old 07-27-2010, 11:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbabyz View Post
Thanks! I don't suppose you have a picture of how it looked to share? I am a visual type person lol trying to picture where about on the runner you put the zigzag too lol.

I think what she meant was how she sewed the cut ends of the fabric so it wouldn't frey.

Holiday, Princess, ballet shoes.....

ALL PROUDLY MADE IN THE U.S.A.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:46

Sorry, no pictures at the moment. I just zigzagged around all four edges of the fabric, I'm afraid of my serger, and don't know how to use it, but if you have one that would work better - LOL. I used black fabric with different colored polka dots that I bought at Hobby Lobby. I cut the fabric down the middle lengthwise, so each piece is about 18" wide and 72" long. The runner really adds alot of visual interest to the tables.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divasmom8 View Post
My tables are 6' long and maybe 3' wide. I use white twin size sheets from Walmart, I think they were about $4.
ditto!!

Old 07-27-2010, 12:27

I got the queen size to cover all of the table's sides all the way to the ground
Old 07-27-2010, 12:35

I have my tables skirted to the floor then I use a runner on top of that. Some shows want covers to the floor others aren't so picky. As for me I like mine to the floor so I can store all my "junk" ie boxes, tubs, purse etc under the table and my area looks neat. Right now I'm still looking for the right color purple for new table skirts so I'm still using some grey (neutral color) ones from a long time ago. Be careful what you use on top of your tables...if it's too busy your products will be LOST in the print of your table cover. I prefer to have my busy stuff in my skirt and my solid on top...but that's just me.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:44

Oh you guys are awesome! Thank you so much! I'm going to get some sheets tonight and some fabric for a runner.

Pixiesmoon~ Yeah, I was sure she did the zigzag to help prevent fraying, but wasn't sure if she did it a certain way for decoration too. Thanks for the info. : )
Sponsored Links

Tags
craft, show, table