http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
Shop by color--grosgrain ribbon, hair bows, craft supplies

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Business Issues > Craft Show

Craft Show Share your experience, help each other and good luck.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:42

Default i feel like crying

I am super exited about the idea of entering in a big show at the beginning of augs. Well i just found the application and its 600$ entry fee... i was thinking maybe 200 at the most. I have been emailing the lady and she said last year there was 215,000 people. Thats alot more then i thought i was thinking about 2-3000. So i dont no should i go for it. how much have you ladys made with a show this big??
Should i enter of pass??
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/ohsweetbabyboutiquewholesale-300.jpg
Old 04-29-2010, 11:49

Default Re: i feel like crying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugbean17 View Post
I am super exited about the idea of entering in a big show at the beginning of augs. Well i just found the application and its 600$ entry fee... i was thinking maybe 200 at the most. I have been emailing the lady and she said last year there was 215,000 people. Thats alot more then i thought i was thinking about 2-3000. So i dont no should i go for it. how much have you ladys made with a show this big??
Should i enter of pass??
That is a TON of people! I'm doing a large show in Aug, too, but it's around 75,000!

My DH said this to me when I was flipping out over the $450 fee: With that many people, just think of the potential! Say you only sell to 1000 people there (and prob more cuz of the attendace!) and your average item is $20. That is $20,000!!!

Putting it that way, makes me a LOT less freaked out about the entry fee!

I think you should do it. There is a ton of people who will see your product and with over 200,000 people, I think you'll do GREAT! Just make sure you have TONS and TONS of stock on hand. You don't want to run out the first hour!!
Old 04-29-2010, 11:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybasics View Post
That is a TON of people! I'm doing a large show in Aug, too, but it's around 75,000!

My DH said this to me when I was flipping out over the $450 fee: With that many people, just think of the potential! Say you only sell to 1000 people there (and prob more cuz of the attendace!) and your average item is $20. That is $20,000!!!

Putting it that way, makes me a LOT less freaked out about the entry fee!

I think you should do it. There is a ton of people who will see your product and with over 200,000 people, I think you'll do GREAT! Just make sure you have TONS and TONS of stock on hand. You don't want to run out the first hour!!

i am thinking about 200 of each style of bows. 600 flowers. 500 woven headbands.. and not to sure what else is on my list does that sounds like enought
Old 04-29-2010, 11:54

Will this be your first show? I think if you have the money to pay the fee go for it. You won't know until you try right.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:55

So if you break it down it's $120 per day, which is not bad. The thing you have to think about though, is if you produce the kind of merchandise quantities that will not only justify that fee, but last you for 5 days straight? I think I read in another one of your posts that you don't have any inventory right now. Honestly it depends on your schedule right now. If you can put in some serious hours and have a chunk of spare cash lying around for supplies at the moment, then go for it. If you're busy already, and you don't have a lot of spare cash, then I would say maybe it would be a show better left for next year.

The other option is buying a lot of premade inventory in destashes etc, but again, that requires a lot of spare cash.

I've never done a show that big, as I have twin toddlers and couldn't do 5 days straight. I have a ton on inventory right now, but to last 5 days I think I would need double to triple what I currently have. I would love to do something like that though, I'm sure there is a ton of money to be made and lots of great business opportunities.

For someone just starting though, my honest opinion is to start with something a lot smaller, and to build up your inventory slowly. That way you can see what's selling, what you need more of, how to do your pricing etc.

Best of luck with whatever you decide though! If you think you can do it, go for it!!

Old 04-29-2010, 11:56

If you have the money for the fee, I say GO FOR IT! With that many people, you are BOUND to make your entry fee back. Think about how much profit you could make with that many people. Even if you only sell to 1000 people, you will still make a huge profit!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Nmd0E6MQ#gid=0

FACEBOOK GROUP FOR AWESOME BUYS:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/182211411884577/
www.PamperedPrincessPretties.com (Wholesale supplies)
Old 04-29-2010, 11:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugbean17 View Post
i am thinking about 200 of each style of bows. 600 flowers. 500 woven headbands.. and not to sure what else is on my list does that sounds like enought

It sounds like a lot! I'm setting myself a MINIMUM amount of things to make, but not a max. If you can do more than that, I would! I'd just keep going and going up until the show.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybasics View Post
It sounds like a lot! I'm setting myself a MINIMUM amount of things to make, but not a max. If you can do more than that, I would! I'd just keep going and going up until the show.

Planning on it.. lol thanks ladys
Old 04-29-2010, 12:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandja79 View Post
So if you break it down it's $120 per day, which is not bad. The thing you have to think about though, is if you produce the kind of merchandise quantities that will not only justify that fee, but last you for 5 days straight? I think I read in another one of your posts that you don't have any inventory right now. Honestly it depends on your schedule right now. If you can put in some serious hours and have a chunk of spare cash lying around for supplies at the moment, then go for it. If you're busy already, and you don't have a lot of spare cash, then I would say maybe it would be a show better left for next year.

The other option is buying a lot of premade inventory in destashes etc, but again, that requires a lot of spare cash.

I've never done a show that big, as I have twin toddlers and couldn't do 5 days straight. I have a ton on inventory right now, but to last 5 days I think I would need double to triple what I currently have. I would love to do something like that though, I'm sure there is a ton of money to be made and lots of great business opportunities.

For someone just starting though, my honest opinion is to start with something a lot smaller, and to build up your inventory slowly. That way you can see what's selling, what you need more of, how to do your pricing etc.

Best of luck with whatever you decide though! If you think you can do it, go for it!!

I do have some stock about a days worth but have 3 months yet... So ya...
Old 04-29-2010, 12:05

That's a lot to pay, but totally worth it I would say. That's a huge number of people!! If you have the ability to get the inventory, I would totally do it.
I know for the scrapbooking conventions, they charge $1,000 for a booth!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/labellabuttons.jpg