http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/lined-alligator-clips-with-teeth.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-rainbow-chevron-ribbon.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/1-25-satin-DIY-mini-bow-combo-1.jpg
new product--crochet hat

1.5' 7/8' Zebra New Colors

New products--peony new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Business Issues > Craft Show

Craft Show Share your experience, help each other and good luck.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:40
happilyhoping

Default Pricing on my kufi hats, any thoughts?

Hey ladies, I appreciate all the support here and I just joined this week!

I have a question about pricing. Like I had mentioned in another post, I will be doing my first craft show soon. I have been selling my headbands, barrettes and hats for about 6 months now by word of mouth and home showings. I have sold probably 40 hats already, priced at $18 a peice. They usually have 2 ribbons going thru with 1 large flower or 2 medium sized flowers.
My question : is that too much to charge at a craft show? Aren't people looking for a "deal"? What do you price you kufi's at? And if I change it for the craft show (I am thinking $15)...what if someone I sold to already sees that?! It costs me about $3.00 to make each one, shown below.

I should mention that I live in a well off area (I am not well off, but the area cetainly is..I had one woman at my last show drop $160 on my hair accessories!!) but still this is a craft show and not a home show.

Any thoughts? Experiences?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg October 2009 025[1].jpg (29.7 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg photo[2] (2).jpg (74.4 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg annansam 009.jpg (65.7 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg annansam 031.jpg (29.2 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg annansam 044.jpg (25.0 KB, 82 views)
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:10

Default Re: Pricing on my kufi hats, any thoughts?

IMHO you should stick to your set prices! Your hats look great and if they are selling well for you, why not continue what you are doing.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:44

I agree with the above poster, stick to your prices, it's proven it works. If you did want to offer a cheaper one, you could do some with just 1 ribbon and 1 small flower or bow as opposed to 2 for $15.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:14

Since you are in a well to do area I think 18.00 sounds fine. (15.00 would be pushing it in my area) You may want to make some "multiple" discount offer like one hat for 18.00 2 for 30.00. That will let the bargain hunters feel like they got a "deal" and up your volume.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:21

I have mine priced at about $9-10 depending on the flower/bow they choose for the hat and I haven't put ribbons in them yet. I sold them for the first time at my show last weekend and they sold very well. I live in the upper midwest in a small town. $18 around here would not fly at all, most people would look at me like I was crazy. Those who did think $10 was a good deal bought two or three of them

I think if you are in an area where they sell for $18 I would stick to your price!

Krista
Old 10-29-2009, 04:03

As a general rule...people who go to craft shows expect to pay more for the quality...from what I've seen. So stick to your prices, and you can even do a "show Special" if they buy so many. Just a thought.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:55

I would not charge any less than what you are getting!!!
Old 10-29-2009, 09:53

Well in my area (not that well off..lol) i still sell mine for 8.99 each and that is plain no ribbon weaved, no flower, nothing (they sell wonderfully).. and the buyer can purchase the interchangbale flowers/bows which range from $2-12 (girls) depending on what they choose.... so i would say (jmo) stick with your price.... i might do a 2 for $30 though
Old 10-30-2009, 07:02
happilyhoping

Thanks ladies for all your input! I really want to stick to my prices but my biggest fear is that I will go to my first craft show and there will be other bowmakers there who will charge way less. Then I will have a hard time justifying my prices. I know this is just all part of doing the craft show scene...but it makes me nervous being this is my first one! I am going to ask another question in another thread about this. Hope no one minds!!

Thanks again so much!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif