New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Business Issues > Craft Show

Craft Show Share your experience, help each other and good luck.

Old 06-20-2009, 01:22

Default Selling Baby Hats (Beanies) at a show

SO most of y'all know that I make baby beanies in animal and funky prints. If you guys resell them at craft shows, can you help me? I was thinking about having a table with ONLY beanies since I really don't care to make bows anymore. I would have some plain, some embelllished, some boy, some girl, infant, toddler, big kid, some with rhinestones, some with flowers, etc. Generally, I think, people sell those for like $15.00, right? Do you think that if noone else (and I already know that noone else has these) that this would be a good seller for the fall? I was thinking that I would even do white or red with little crystal holiday-themed designs. Any advice you can give me on the selling of these kind of this would be great! It has been years since I have created for a craft fair, and I miss 'being with the people'....LOL!
Old 06-20-2009, 01:48

Default Re: Selling Baby Hats (Beanies) at a show

YES YES YES!!!! I would do maybe $12-18 depending on the embellishment. And depending on your area. They would sell great!! But please don't stop selling wholesale!!!!!!! I am already going to be placing another order with you in a few weeks...

Old 06-20-2009, 02:11

Oh Yes - I do $12 or 2 for $20 and they sell!
Old 06-20-2009, 03:14

Oh, no worries! I am not going to stop wholesaleing It is fun for me

I don't know how to do the flowers...are they hard? Do you take apart flowers and put a crystal in the middle? Do you put a pin on it to attach it to the hat, velcro or sew it on? I just figured if it was sewn on, then you couldn't launder it.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:49

How much do you sell them wholesale for and do you have some pics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply*Blanks View Post
SO most of y'all know that I make baby beanies in animal and funky prints. If you guys resell them at craft shows, can you help me? I was thinking about having a table with ONLY beanies since I really don't care to make bows anymore. I would have some plain, some embelllished, some boy, some girl, infant, toddler, big kid, some with rhinestones, some with flowers, etc. Generally, I think, people sell those for like $15.00, right? Do you think that if noone else (and I already know that noone else has these) that this would be a good seller for the fall? I was thinking that I would even do white or red with little crystal holiday-themed designs. Any advice you can give me on the selling of these kind of this would be great! It has been years since I have created for a craft fair, and I miss 'being with the people'....LOL!
Old 06-21-2009, 11:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyGirlBows View Post
How much do you sell them wholesale for and do you have some pics?
I sell these for $30.00/dozen ($2.50/hat) and you can mix/match colors and sizes up to 12months. If you would like Toddler sizes, the price will go up to $3.00/hat. I've not even gotten to list the toddler ones anywhere yet, but they will retail in my shop at $4.99

The available prints are already in my shop (PinkMarshmallow on Etsy - Custom Stretch Creations).

How do you all attach the flowers to the hats tho? I was thinking of having a 'hat bar'...where you choose a hat, choose a flower so it is all custom made on the spot and offers lots of choices. This would work if all the flowers/embellihsments are on pins. Is that what you all use?

Tara
Old 06-21-2009, 12:59

You could buy some of the pre-made Gerber Daisy Flowers and Peony Flowers from Halo Heaven or make your own. If you want the hat to be interchangable you would need to sew on a small ribbon loop onto your hats like this;

Build Your Own Interchangable Cotton Knit Hat and Flower or Puff FREE SHIPPING ON ADDITIONAL ITEMS by loveablecreations on Etsy[]=tags&includes[]=title

It would be great if you offered your hats this way, I bet some people would love that option so that people can buy a hat and use bows, flowers, etc instead of the same flower glued to it.

You can also use curly ostrich feathers to decorate the hats. You cut a piece off the boa about 5-6 inches long, then form it into a circle and glue it together with hot glue and then glue it to the hat. Like this;

I made this with one of your cute hats. I took apart three different flowers, then took a brad and assembled the flower and closed the brad in the back and then hot glued it to the hat. I hope I explained this okay.

Old 06-21-2009, 01:31

That is a PERFECT explanation and MY GOODNESS! You made the hats look fabulous I like that the flower is not TOO huge, and the feather is very pretty. Interchangable with the little loop is fantastic. I might go ahead and try that! I really appreciate the link

I might head down to my studio right now, since DH is playing Pet Shop with the little one and DD#1 is playing the wii!

Tara
Old 06-21-2009, 02:34

Talking Re: Selling Baby Hats (Beanies) at a show

Ok...so if i do this....

Then I can do this with any type of bow, flower or whatever I can put on a clip, right?

Old 06-21-2009, 02:45

I would cut the ribbon with regular shears and heat seal the ends then just sew it on. It works best with bow or flower on lined alligator clips.
For your show you could have three pretty lined baskets. One basket with the hats in it, one basket with flower clips, and a third basket with hair bows. You could make a small 8.5" flier that shows how to build a interchangable hat.
Cost wise I would say with the loop you could get $15 for the hat/clip together. Just take your flier and slip it into a clear stand. I will make one for you hold on.
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies