new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/sweetestcupcake.gif
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/ohsweetbabyboutiquewholesale-150.jpg
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Business Issues > Craft Show

Craft Show Share your experience, help each other and good luck.

Old 06-21-2009, 01:53

Default Re: Selling Baby Hats (Beanies) at a show

I like mine in the same position that you have yours in. I noticed that when the baby pulls out her bow she yanks to the side. It is much harder to pull out if you slide the clip into the top.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/flatbackbuttons-300.jpg
Old 06-21-2009, 01:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkygirl79 View Post
I like mine in the same position that you have yours in. I noticed that when the baby pulls out her bow she yanks to the side. It is much harder to pull out if you slide the clip into the top.
That's what I was thinking. I don't understand why i didn't think of doing these things when my girls were tiny

Do you think that I should also offer the crochet ones and the crochet headbands, even though i don't make them? How about bowbands made with the same material that I use now, but with ribbbon rings to hold a bow? This is mainly going to be for holiday time, so i will gear towards winter and the holidays
Old 06-21-2009, 02:03

Here you go, something like this;

Old 06-21-2009, 02:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativekiddos View Post
Here you go, something like this;

You are AWESOME! Thank you!
Old 06-21-2009, 02:18

You definitely should make interchangable bowbands for your show. I must say that now that I have your beanies I prefer them over the crochet because not everyone has them. But it would probably be a good idea to have a variety to match different styles. I'm getting rid of some old stuff I have to place another order with you. Hopefully this coming week. The example you used is great. I wanted to get that print from you and had no idea what I could use for the clippy. I think rainbow korkers would go beautifully.
- Monique
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply*Blanks View Post
That's what I was thinking. I don't understand why i didn't think of doing these things when my girls were tiny

Do you think that I should also offer the crochet ones and the crochet headbands, even though i don't make them? How about bowbands made with the same material that I use now, but with ribbbon rings to hold a bow? This is mainly going to be for holiday time, so i will gear towards winter and the holidays
Old 06-21-2009, 02:27

Awesome, Monique I am glad that we have some new ideas! I'll tell ya....I got out of the bow biz a long time ago, but I think that this would be fun to do at craft shows. I'm not sure I will go all out and make my own bows again! It is so time consuming, and I gotta tell you, I respect all of you girls that make so many of them! I suppose I will have to buy some already made? I think that people do buys all the time for pre-made bows, don't they? The flowers, feathers and marabou I could do myself.

So...do the bowbands and the hats in my materials, and skip the crocheted kufi ones and stuff? I mean they aren't very expensive, right?

Last edited by PinkMarshmallow; 06-21-2009 at 02:32. Reason: accident
Old 06-21-2009, 07:43

Oh Cute! I may have to order some. How much is shipping and how long does it take to be shipped? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply*Blanks View Post
I sell these for $30.00/dozen ($2.50/hat) and you can mix/match colors and sizes up to 12months. If you would like Toddler sizes, the price will go up to $3.00/hat. I've not even gotten to list the toddler ones anywhere yet, but they will retail in my shop at $4.99

The available prints are already in my shop (PinkMarshmallow on Etsy - Custom Stretch Creations).

How do you all attach the flowers to the hats tho? I was thinking of having a 'hat bar'...where you choose a hat, choose a flower so it is all custom made on the spot and offers lots of choices. This would work if all the flowers/embellihsments are on pins. Is that what you all use?

Tara
Old 06-21-2009, 07:46

Talking Re: Selling Baby Hats (Beanies) at a show

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyGirlBows View Post
Oh Cute! I may have to order some. How much is shipping and how long does it take to be shipped? Thanks!
Hi Stacey

For a dozen, they take about 3-4 business days to work on and then I ship them via priority mail for $5.00. Not a bad deal, if I do say so myself..LOL...

Tara
Old 06-22-2009, 09:50

I love these. I'm going to have to order some once I get set up for some shows

Wife to Rod and Momma to Tyreque, Ladaria, Raquel, Brayana, Destini, Jaleel, Makkiah, Taniyah and Cavelle along with my angel in heaven Angie and 85 foster kids who have left imprints on my heart
All Ribboned Out Remember Me Pillows to Remember your loved one whose far away
Old 06-23-2009, 03:50

I love your hats and plan on placing an order

Have you considered making two parrallel button holes to hold the alligator clip? You can just thread the clip through the holes.

Kimberly
Sponsored Links