new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Business Issues > Craft Show

Craft Show Share your experience, help each other and good luck.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:46

Question Thinking about starting a mall cart

I am thinking about starting a cart/kiosk at the mall, have any of you done this before? How did it turn out? As well if i did this i would need some racks to display my bows does anyone know where to get some at a good price? Thanks!
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:07

Default Re: Thinking about starting a mall cart

My husband has brought this up in my house. I am hesitant - not only do I not want to sit at the mall all day (or pay someone else to do it), but I really enjoy making orders as they come in. I am not an inventory person...

Jennifer
Another crafty stay at home mom~www.3aminspirations.com
Old 04-28-2009, 11:14

I know what you mean i make each order as it comes in and i am always super busy and like 10 orders behind so i am wondering when i will have the time to actually make inventory for the cart if i did it i would prob have to stop my website for a while to beable to get some made, but the number one question i get from people is where can i come and see them when i tell them they cant as i make each order as it comes in maybe only 2 out of those 10 buy so i think that it would be profitable to do so.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:43

Our local mall has one, she is there for Back to School, Christmas and Easter. She makes a fortune! This year she got another kiosk and used rods to display her rolls of ribbon for you to pick the color you wanted your bow or for her to cut and sale just to tie a bow in your hair. I cant tell you how many times I have walked passed her and she had at least 5 people waiting for help (and I used to worked at the mall for the christmas holiday so i was there everyday!)
Old 04-28-2009, 12:02

I've looked into it as well. It's pretty expensive around here. i just don't think I want to hire someone to sit there and do it, or be stressed about making the bows each day to keep inventory up. I have a full time job, but even if I didn't, I'm not sure I would sit there either.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:02

I looked into it during the Christmas season but I ended up not doing it because your booth had to be open all hours that the mall was open. That and the rental fee was very high so I would have needed to sell a ton of bows just to break even.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:59

Yeah the cost here is $1100 a month or 15% of sales whichever is greater, plus all the stuff i would have to buy to get going and all the stock i would have to make it think i have realized that it may not be the best idea for me!
Old 04-28-2009, 03:04

it's a pretty ambitious idea, but one that may end up on making a lot of money but will require so much of your free time--consider that before jumping into something like that.

ETSY
www.bunnylanedesigns.etsy.com
Sponsored Links