hipgirl solid grosgrain ribbon 100yd

polka dot 100ydhttp://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=126_127_239

hipgirl printed ribbon
2.5" Solid Ribbons
2.25" Solid Ribbons
1.5" Ribbon -- 25 YD
7/8" Ribbon -- 25 YD
3/8" Ribbon -- 25 YD
Sequin Trim
Velvet Ribbons
Licensed Ribbon
Schiff Solid
7/8" Offray Solid

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Business Issues > Craft Show

Craft Show Share your experience, help each other and good luck.

Old 04-28-2009, 04:21

Default 2or3 Day Shows- How do you secure....

How do you gals secure your tent overnight when you do a 2 or 3 day craft show? Do you use rope or something to wrap around and around and around???? LOL
Thanks

wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 04-28-2009, 07:00

Default Re: 2or3 Day Shows- How do you secure....

I have the side walls for my tent. My husband make some concrete buckets, one for each corner of the tent. Easy to make very inexpensive.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:09

Thank you for your response. Seems I don't get a lot of responses these days. However, I did not make myself clear (3 or 4 am in the morning did not help) LOL I mean secure your tent and belongings in the tent overnight when you are not there. I will take some of the expensive stuff with me, but I really don't want to take everything. I will have Grid on 3 sides of the tent, that will help but I need to make it where someone can't just slip up under the tent sides and have a hayday with my stuff.
Again Thanks for your response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinky35 View Post
I have the side walls for my tent. My husband make some concrete buckets, one for each corner of the tent. Easy to make very inexpensive.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:48
creativesidebows

I do about 20 (give or take) shows a year. Most of them are 2-3 day shows. Most are outside. If it's outside I just put my sides down, zip them and done. If it looks like it might rain I have a 12x20 tarp that I drag over top of the tent and secure with rope and clamps. If there is no rain in the forcast I don't bother with the tarp. If the show is inside I have 2 sheets I've sewn together and I use clamps to attach the sheets to my grid walls. This is the same thing other people/crafters do. Crafters without the grid walls, who just use tables or stands, just drape sheets over their stuff and call it good. Sometimes at inside shows I don't even use the sheet I just leave it open. The thing about being in the craft world is that we are all at these festivals with the same goal in mind-to make money. So everyone kind of watches out for each other. I'm sure there are some ignorant craft people out there who would steal from other crafters but I've never had a bad experience like that at a show. Outside events tend to have overnight security but I wouldn't trust them to leave anything of value behind. I always take my cash box, credit card receipts and my purse home but everything else stays behind. Good luck at your show

OH, something else I tend to do is get to know my neighbors. At some point I mention to them "I'm here by myself so if I run to the potty and someone tries to come in and say they are here with me-don't believe them". There is always a nice neighbor to help with your tent, watch your stuff so you can run to get food or potty or whatever.

Last edited by creativesidebows; 04-28-2009 at 07:50.
Sponsored Links