New product--2.5' Zebra Printed Grosgrain Ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/peace-sign-grosgrain-ribbon-ads.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-volleyball-forest-green.jpg
New Instructions--How to make korker hair bow using a korker box hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows, hair clips, baby women, toddler, girl, adult, floral design, birthday holiday gift wrapping
New product--star ribbon for cheer bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Business Issues > Craft Show

Craft Show Share your experience, help each other and good luck.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:29

Default Glad it is over!!!!!!!! (LONG!)

Our day was CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a learning experience. My sister and a friend helped me. My booth was stuck in the back of the fair grounds behind the food vendors and in front of the porto-pots. There were about 8 booths back there and we were all so upset. It was really isolated from the rest of the grounds and hidden. As we talked to the other vendors back there by us we figured out that this was the first time any of us had done this fair. This was the 30th year for this fair and I have heard before that it is hard to get a booth. The main area was PACKED!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unlike anything I have ever been to. One friend of mine said that she looked and looked for me and couldn't find me. Also, it was super windy. Some people lost tents. Our displays kept blowing over and mu tutu's took a beating. At one point it rained very hard and rain was pouring off of the tent onto the tables. The topper is that the girl next to me also sold bows and our inventory was so similar that a few people asked if we were together! She had the same beanies, flip flops, bows, headbands......Oh my. She also sold jewelry and it was really beautiful. She was a super sweet girl but they could have seperated us, ya know? Anyway, I got a few pictures I will attach. My 5 year old was amazing. She was with me all day. (6am till 5pm) Of course, I couldn't have done it without her Aunt Patsy whom she is so fond of. The booth fee was $114 and I made $508. This was my first show and I learned a lot. The person in charge of the show told those of us in that area that we can get 1/2 price on our next entry fee. I'm sure I will do it again. It will take a lot of shows to cover the cost of the tables, displays, etc. that I bought. And one booth is definitely not enough room. If you made it this far, thanks for letting me vent/share! Karyn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3611.jpg (108.3 KB, 222 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3612.jpg (96.1 KB, 182 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3613.jpg (110.9 KB, 177 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3614.jpg (115.9 KB, 151 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3615.jpg (106.2 KB, 168 views)
Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2009, 10:27

Default Re: Glad it is over!!!!!!!! (LONG!)

Karybn your booth looks FANTASTIC! that is a lot of money for being stuck in the back and AWESOME for your first show! You should be LOL What were your best sellers? No one even looked at my tututs!
Old 04-27-2009, 10:28

ohh just a bitof advise for your next show, go buy some cheap plastic table skirts, it will cover all your bins under your table!! shows around here you can not have storage items showing
Old 04-27-2009, 10:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessfancypants View Post
ohh just a bitof advise for your next show, go buy some cheap plastic table skirts, it will cover all your bins under your table!! shows around here you can not have storage items showing
I did think of that but just a little too late. I did take a LOT of things back to the van before the show started so it looked a lot neater. But I will be looking for tableskirts before the next show.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:53

Wow you weren't kidding about it being windy! I think your stuff looks great! Those animal print onesies are so cute! Do you sell them online as well?
Old 04-27-2009, 11:08

That's to bad that they stuck you in the back away from everyone. You did good considering your location. Hopefully next time you do a show you will have a better location

Wife to Rod and Momma to Tyreque, Ladaria, Raquel, Brayana, Destini, Jaleel, Makkiah, Taniyah and Cavelle along with my angel in heaven Angie and 85 foster kids who have left imprints on my heart
All Ribboned Out Remember Me Pillows to Remember your loved one whose far away
Old 04-27-2009, 12:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyeliza View Post
Wow you weren't kidding about it being windy! I think your stuff looks great! Those animal print onesies are so cute! Do you sell them online as well?
Thanks. I love the animal print onesies! I have sold about 7 outfits but have 5 left. I will probably list them in my etsy store soon. My website has pictures of things but isn't set up where you can purchase from it. (yet!) If there is a certain size you need I will see if I have it and I can send you a photo. Just let me know! I sold the sets for $21. (onesie and matching headband bow) Karyn
Old 04-27-2009, 12:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste1977 View Post
That's to bad that they stuck you in the back away from everyone. You did good considering your location. Hopefully next time you do a show you will have a better location
One of the main reasons I decided to take the plunge and do this show was just to try to get my name out there in our area and I don't feel like that happened. That was my main dissapointment. Maybe next time! I was pleased with how I did considering where we were! LOL
Old 04-28-2009, 11:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by karyn View Post
Thanks. I love the animal print onesies! I have sold about 7 outfits but have 5 left. I will probably list them in my etsy store soon. My website has pictures of things but isn't set up where you can purchase from it. (yet!) If there is a certain size you need I will see if I have it and I can send you a photo. Just let me know! I sold the sets for $21. (onesie and matching headband bow) Karyn

Are they all long-sleeved? I have a ten-month-old who is pretty small and if I'm not sure what size she'll be in when the weather gets cool enough to wear long-sleeves again. I love it though and I definitely want one when you list them in your shop.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessfancypants View Post
YES FLOOR LENGTH is a MUST HAVE.... BUT I dont like the plastic look and they get messed up/ripped between shows

floor length is the way to go all your storage is then hidden. I posted a pic of my table cloth the wind is blowing so dont mind the crease in it LOL! you can get them here at LinenTablecloth - Buy Tablecloths, Napkins, Chair Covers & more! go to table cloths by type, select fitted, then select your table size.... they come in several colors. and the do not cost a mint and the wash up really well!

LOL yea plus anyone with hardcore retail exp who is shopping will look at your booth and not see clean they will see clutter and be turned off of buying from you... its a psychological thing...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wamego 1.jpg (320.6 KB, 33 views)