New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Business Issues > Craft Show

Craft Show Share your experience, help each other and good luck.

Old 04-26-2009, 11:00

Default My Craft Show Today 4/26/09

It was good and bad. My last one was a flop and since then I have been working at making 'new' and different stuff. I added a lot of variety to my set up from the 1st one. It poored down rain all day and at points the rain was really really bad and people sat in their cars for like 15 minutes before coming in b/c it was so bad. There were not that many people and it was a 'fine arts and craft fair'. There were crafters there though. I lucked out and got a spot on the main floor with the 'fine arts' That was GREAT! Everyone else was in the basement. There was also a student art show so I made almost $20 before the doors even opened from the students and their parents. I made $120 from 10-1 and from 1-4 only $6. The entry fee was $35, so not bad. I was hoping for $100. I was supper excited about that considering I made $15 profit at the last one. I think I had the most sales out of everyone too. Sad! A lot of people said they only had 1 sale. THough I did not make much and the turn out was bad, I think I still landed on top.
Just wanted to share and hopefully help someone else out. I know how much I get out of reading about other people's experiences.

Oh and most of my sales were my flowers, bow holders, kufis, clippies, toggles and small bows. No one even TOUCHED my sandals that I stayed up finishing til 2AM!
The 1st pic is my 1st show this year. (just to compare)The 1st space was really small

Pay no attention to the mismatched price signs and banner(and crucked (SP?) bows and clips) Long story, the short version is I am a procrastinator.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04211.jpg (64.6 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04654.jpg (67.8 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04655.jpg (61.5 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04657.jpg (86.1 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04660.jpg (55.7 KB, 86 views)

Last edited by PrettyGirlBows; 04-26-2009 at 11:04.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2009, 11:06

Default Re: My Craft Show Today 4/26/09

Great job! A profit is alway better than none. I know it can be frustrating when you sit there forever and only make $10.

Were did you get your spinner display racks?

Thanks!
Old 04-26-2009, 11:57

Default Re: My Craft Show Today 4/26/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilag01 View Post
Great job! A profit is alway better than none. I know it can be frustrating when you sit there forever and only make $10.

Were did you get your spinner display racks?

Thanks!
I bought them from Princessfancypants, but they sell them on ebay and are pretty reasonable. search spinner racks and you should find them
Sponsored Links