New product--flat back resin
ecommerce web hosting
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/heatnbond-lt-ad.jpg
New product--frog grosgrain ribbon
New product--5/8' dippin' dots grosgrain ribbon
New product--pop dots

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Business Issues > Craft Show

Craft Show Share your experience, help each other and good luck.

View Poll Results: How many bows, on average, do you take to a show or festival?
Less than 100 47 20.70%
100-200 66 29.07%
200-300 29 12.78%
300-400 23 10.13%
400-500 16 7.05%
more than 500 46 20.26%
Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2008, 11:06

Default How many bows do you take to shows??

Yet another poll about craft shows from me!!! I have a festival this next weekend and I am stressing that I don't have enough inventory done.

Soooooo.... How many bows do you take to an average show or festival???
Sponsored Links
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/ks_angel_girl/AllAboutribbon/Animation1.gif
Old 11-01-2008, 11:19

Default Re: How many bows do you take to shows??

I don't do clippies at all.... I have roughly 400 bows done. About 320 are basic boutique bows ranging in size from 3 1/2" to 7". The rest are stacked bows. I still have to do pony-o's and Christmas stacked bows, and Basic Christmas bows.... And about 100 other things on my to do list!!!! This show I am doing is supposed to see about 200,000 people, and I am just realizing that that is ALOT of people, so I am starting to freak out a little....... Do y'all think I have enough so I can relax and not freak out this week?
Old 11-02-2008, 12:07

i take less than 100 but i dont do stalked bows..I do however do clippies and headbands.

Hi im Liz or liza
Old 11-02-2008, 12:16

I choose 100 due to I bring lots of clippies, and it seems I never make enough bows to equal 100+.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:21
creativesidebows

if the show you are doing brings in 200,000+ people you should make as many items as you can between now and your show time. If you don't have it you can't sell it right Personally, for a crowd like that I'd have a couple thousand bows but that's just me. Good luck with the show!!
Old 11-02-2008, 08:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativesidebows View Post
if the show you are doing brings in 200,000+ people you should make as many items as you can between now and your show time. If you don't have it you can't sell it right Personally, for a crowd like that I'd have a couple thousand bows but that's just me. Good luck with the show!!
I agree with you! It didn't hit me until a couple weeks after I talked to her, and reading show volumes on here how big that is. I just can't see a festival in small town, Louisiana bringing in that many people though..... I guess I will see. If I sell out (haha) I will have more than doubled what I have ever made in a show. The entry fee was only $50, so I figure I can't lose. Oh Goodness, you have me really nervous now! I just don't want to look stupid by not having enough inventory. I have never taken this much to a show and she said that will only be one other bow booth there.......
Old 11-02-2008, 08:38
creativesidebows

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrisMommy View Post
I agree with you! It didn't hit me until a couple weeks after I talked to her, and reading show volumes on here how big that is. I just can't see a festival in small town, Louisiana bringing in that many people though..... I guess I will see. If I sell out (haha) I will have more than doubled what I have ever made in a show. The entry fee was only $50, so I figure I can't lose. Oh Goodness, you have me really nervous now! I just don't want to look stupid by not having enough inventory. I have never taken this much to a show and she said that will only be one other bow booth there.......
Yeah, only $50?! That rocks for a show that size! I didn't mean to make you nervous, well maybe LOL! I'm sure you will do great Let us know how it goes. Get to makin' those bows!!!
Old 11-02-2008, 08:40

I put less then 100 because I don't do bows at all, only clippies and I usually bring about 300 of those. I think I'm going to start doing basic boutique bows though because I had alot of people asking me for them at my last show.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:43

I put 300-400 cause i have a bunch of everything LOL, clippies, bows, Woven HB, crochet hb, flowers, key chains, ect...
Old 11-03-2008, 08:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrisMommy View Post
Where is the show?
http://hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/Ad for Hipgirls RevA.