New products--peelnstick double-sided-tape for lining clips
http://www.thehairbowcompany.com/assets/images/affiliateBanners/affiliateBanner3.jpg
hip girl boutique 1" metallic gold gliter sparkle ribbon
hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon wrapped headbands for girls women baby toddler
hip girl boutique goody ponytail pigtail holder for women girl toddler baby

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Business Issues > Craft Show

Craft Show Share your experience, help each other and good luck.

Old 06-16-2008, 03:06

Default weighing down/securing tent

I have my first outdoor show this weekend.
I just practiced putting up the canopy.
Does anyone have any suggestions for weighing it down or securing it when it is on cement?

the feet on the bottom don't stick out too far so I am having trouble thinking of something that will work to secure it so it doesn't blow away

Any suggestions??
THANKS

~*~Laura ~*~
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 06-16-2008, 03:35

Default Re: weighing down/securing tent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommieze View Post
I have my first outdoor show this weekend.
I just practiced putting up the canopy.
Does anyone have any suggestions for weighing it down or securing it when it is on cement?

the feet on the bottom don't stick out too far so I am having trouble thinking of something that will work to secure it so it doesn't blow away

Any suggestions??
THANKS
You can put them in buckets of sand or make sand bags out if pillow cases and tie them to the legs of the tent~~both have worked for me!!
Old 06-16-2008, 03:39

I saw somewhere you can by weights...but you could also try using gallon jugs of water and tying them to the legs. I've done a few outdoor shows with my canopy and never secured it at all. One show was actually pretty windy, but my tent stayed put without weights. So you might not even need them. Mine is an easy-up tent....it's pretty heavy though.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:27

You can fill pvc pipe with cement, or use water jugs. I'd recommend the heaviest thing you can find. Make sure you loop the rope around the top of the frame and not just the legs. I recently had a horrible experience where the wind picked up at a show. My tent went flying, and all of my clothes and signs went flying. We didn't know what to grab first. It was a hard lesson learned and a $140 tent ruined.

I'm wishing you beautiful weather though and lots of success at your show!
Old 06-16-2008, 05:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkpink View Post
You can fill pvc pipe with cement, or use water jugs. I'd recommend the heaviest thing you can find. Make sure you loop the rope around the top of the frame and not just the legs. I recently had a horrible experience where the wind picked up at a show. My tent went flying, and all of my clothes and signs went flying. We didn't know what to grab first. It was a hard lesson learned and a $140 tent ruined.

I'm wishing you beautiful weather though and lots of success at your show!
This just happened to me this weekend, though my stuff was all saved. It was during the busiest time, so I missed out on a lot of sales. It was for a local festival and I had good samaritans holding my tent down while I grabbed all of my bows. My friend's brother worked for the city so he came out to help (truck lights flashing and all) and brought us some cement blocks to tie down the frame. The next day it stayed put.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:50

Thanks for all the great tips!!
The way the weather has been lately I was getting a little nervous.

~*~Laura ~*~
Old 06-16-2008, 09:57

Yeah, I don't really know how to secure tents. I can tell you, however, that there are plenty of winds that can blow a tent over, even with heavy gridwall attached. You are wise to have a plan.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:04

The weather here can change so fast!! And like someone said- at the busiest time!

I tied mine down last time with the stakes- but we were on grass. I suggest getting the 10-15 lb dumb bells at Walmart. I agree- the heavier the better!
Old 06-17-2008, 09:42

Most definetly plan ahead and make the cement wgts. Use heavy duty rope (marine) to secure the top of the canopy and the wgts. We all work so hard to see things ruined by a sudden gust of wind or rain.

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.