New product--2.5' Zebra Printed Grosgrain Ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/peace-sign-grosgrain-ribbon-ads.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-volleyball-forest-green.jpg
New Instructions--How to make korker hair bow using a korker box hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows, hair clips, baby women, toddler, girl, adult, floral design, birthday holiday gift wrapping
New product--star ribbon for cheer bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Business Issues > Craft Show

Craft Show Share your experience, help each other and good luck.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:40

Default Do you sell clearance bows at shows?

Like holiday things after the holidays or second quality stuff?
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:53

Default Re: Do you sell clearance bows at shows?

I did at my last show and sold almost all of them. I just marked down any bows I've had for a long time or that weren't quite perfect to $2 and I think I only came home with 2 out of 15 or so. I figured I wasn't losing anything since I wasn't selling them anyway.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:13

Yes. When I have bows that I don't like making any more or ones that have a smidge of glue showing, I put them in a basket and mark them $1. They sell so fast!!
Old 05-09-2012, 12:44

Yup, most of us have such high standards of workmanship, I think we are our own worst critics

I'm ridiculously honest, so I make sure people know that the stuff isn't perfect, and they're like "if you didn't tell me, I wouldn't have known"

LOL!
Old 05-09-2012, 06:49

Absolutely! i didn't before but now I do. Funny thing is when I displayed them and marked the price down they didn't sell. When I put them in a bowl or ziploc they sold like CRAZY! I think people like to feel like they are getting some secret great deal by digging through.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestmommy574 View Post
Absolutely! i didn't before but now I do. Funny thing is when I displayed them and marked the price down they didn't sell. When I put them in a bowl or ziploc they sold like CRAZY! I think people like to feel like they are getting some secret great deal by digging through.

LOL! I will have to try that. I hate to sell anything that I wouldnt want *my* kids to wear (ie not perfect), so I dont usually sell them.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:56

I make buttons, so I'm a little leary about selling something that is off-centered, even for real cheap. Someone might think that is my best work - so I usually just throw them away...
Old 05-09-2012, 01:58

I sell clearance bows. Being a clearance shopper myself I like to get a great deal. They usually sell great at shows!
Sponsored Links