5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Hip Girl Boutique It's a girl grosgrain satin ribbon collection
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

hip girl boutique grosgrain mini bow tie single prong alligator hair bow clips for baby infant new born women girl adult

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Hip Girl Boutique > Contests

Old 09-17-2008, 12:44
Administrator

Default September Contest-Rules

Prize: 1st ($30), 2nd ($25), 3rd ($20) coupon code to Hip Girl Boutique.

Eligibility: All registered members of Hip Girl Boutique forum, except employees.

Theme: Fall Hair Bows--Heavy ones with lots and lots of layers/ribbons/loopies...

Picture: Please submit pictures to [email protected] Please include your forum ID and put 'Sept Contest' in the subject line. Please submit 1 picture per entry. Please resize your picture to no larger than 600x600 pixel.

Deadline: This contest will end on Sep 30. Please submit all pictures by the deadline. The poll will be posted on 10/1/08 and will be open for 15 days.

Confirmation: We will reply your email to confirm that we receive your entry within 2 days. If you don't get the confirmation, please PM forum_mod_6.

By entering contest, you agree that we can post your entry at Hip Girl Boutique - , Ribbons, Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Hairbow Hardware, Free Hairbow Instructions under Contests Gallery category.

Please DO NOT watermark your pictures. We will put "Hip Girl Forum Contest" on the picture when posting the poll.

The contest will be cancelled if there are less than 10 entries. You may enter more than once if you'd like. Please send seperate email for each entry.

Thank you.
Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2008, 12:47

Default Re: September Contest-Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccermom View Post
Michelle- I have a suggestion or question. Can people watermark the photos with something standard like "HIP GIRL?"

When I am picking ones to judge, etc. I really don't like seeing the name of who made it. I also know that has made a difference with votes in the past because the watermark is seen.
Something like "THIS PHOTO WAS STOLEN BY AN INCOMPETANT MORON," "I'M A JERK WHO STEALS PICTURES" (for when it shows up somewhere it's not supposed to), or "DON'T BUY BOWS FROM ME, I CAN'T EVEN WORK A CAMERA" (also for when the photo shows up somewhere it's not supposed to) might work too.

Sorry, I've got sarcasm in spades today, lol. I blame it on hurricane recovery.

It's not a bad idea - I just wonder if adding annonimity would take away from the security of personilization which is the foundation for the paradigm of watermarking in the first place.

I'm not sure I have an opinion either way - I can see both sides so I'll just do whatever I'm told.

Last edited by Tonya; 09-17-2008 at 12:50.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonya View Post
Something like "THIS PHOTO WAS STOLEN BY AN INCOMPETANT MORON," "I'M A JERK WHO STEALS PICTURES" (for when it shows up somewhere it's not supposed to), or "DON'T BUY BOWS FROM ME, I CAN'T EVEN WORK A CAMERA" (also for when the photo shows up somewhere it's not supposed to) might work too.

It's not a bad idea - I just wonder if adding annonimity would take away from the security of personilization which is the foundation for the paradigm of watermarking in the first place.

I'll just do whatever I'm told.
LMAO I like your idea for watermarks!! lol

Old 09-17-2008, 01:21

Maybe they should be watermarked with "Hip Girl Sept contest" or somehting. If a mod could do the watermarking, then it would be all uniform. jsut a suggestion, but I agree they need to be uniformly marked.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonya View Post

I'm not sure I have an opinion either way - I can see both sides so I'll just do whatever I'm told.

ACK! Tonya! As the paradigm shifts...please don't become a lemming!

ISO: manners
Old 09-17-2008, 02:28
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccermom View Post
Michelle- I have a suggestion or question. Can people watermark the photos with something standard like "HIP GIRL?"

When I am picking ones to judge, etc. I really don't like seeing the name of who made it. I also know that has made a difference with votes in the past because the watermark is seen.

I think they all should have the same words on them!

Just my two little bitty cents! We love you Michelle!

Great idea. I just modified the rule as: Please DO NOT watermark your pictures. We will put "Hip Girl Forum Contest" on the picture when posting the poll.

I need to learn how to watermark pictures LOL.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Babies Bowtique View Post
ACK! Tonya! As the paradigm shifts...please don't become a lemming!

You totally just made me snort!!! lol!!!
Old 09-24-2008, 10:07

We only have one submission so far, please get your pictures in. Also, when sending the e-mail please make the subject: September Contest.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links