New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Clever, Clever Ideas

Clever, Clever Ideas Have an idea? Saw an idea somewhere? Please share it here.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:52

Default Your fave dessert recipe ... Share here :)

I love baking and there are so many "feel good sharing" threads on the board tonight, I thought I'd throw this one out there

Share your fave dessert recipe on here I got a few favorite ones around Christmas time last year from a good thread on here, so maybe we can get some yummy ones for back to school.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 08-11-2011, 10:58

Default Re: Your fave dessert recipe ... Share here :)

Fruit Pizza

Super easy, and not really baking lol Perfect for summer parties!

Ingredients:
1 roll of refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 small jar Marshmallow Fluff
1 8 oz. block of cream cheese (softened)
Chopped fruit of your choice (I usually do strawberries, blueberries, kiwi)

Directions:
Roll out cookie dough onto a cookie sheet. Make it as big as possible, but not too thin. (I usually roll mine out to between a 1/2" and 1/4" thick).

Bake according to directions on pack - keep an eye on it, as it may bake faster if it's thinner ... Let it cool when done

While your giant cookie/pizza is baking/cooling, mix together the jar of marshmallow fluff and cream cheese. Mix until smooth.

Spread cream cheese/fluff mix all over the cooled cookie pizza.

Randomly scatter chopped fruit pieces and blueberries all over your pizza

Cut into slices (I usually do squares) and enjoy!!
Old 08-11-2011, 11:39

I just made this one for a family reunion. Super easy and tastes just like a chocolate eclair.

Chocolate Eclair Cake

1 (16 ounce) package graham crackers
2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
4 cups milk
1 (16 ounce) package frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (16 ounce) container of chocolate frosting

Line the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan with graham crackers. In a large bowl, combine the milk and vanilla pudding according to directions on box. Fold in the whipped topping. Spread a layer of the pudding mixture over the graham crackers. Alternate the graham cracker and pudding layers up to the top of the pan. Warm the container of frosting, uncovered in the microwave for 1 minute on half power. Pour over the top of the cake. Refrigerate for at least 12 hours before serving.

If you don't wait the 12 hrs, the graham crackers will not be soft and the cake will not be as good.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedMom View Post
I just made this one for a family reunion. Super easy and tastes just like a chocolate eclair.

Chocolate Eclair Cake

1 (16 ounce) package graham crackers
2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
4 cups milk
1 (16 ounce) package frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (16 ounce) container of chocolate frosting

Line the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan with graham crackers. In a large bowl, combine the milk and vanilla pudding according to directions on box. Fold in the whipped topping. Spread a layer of the pudding mixture over the graham crackers. Alternate the graham cracker and pudding layers up to the top of the pan. Warm the container of frosting, uncovered in the microwave for 1 minute on half power. Pour over the top of the cake. Refrigerate for at least 12 hours before serving.

If you don't wait the 12 hrs, the graham crackers will not be soft and the cake will not be as good.
This is one of the BEST desserts EVER my mom makes it! YUMMMM!!!
Old 08-12-2011, 09:31

Lavendar cupcakes with vanilla buttercream icing
12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 large egg whites (3/4 cup)
3/4 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tsp of culinary lavendar

Set a rack at the middle level of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar for about 5 minutes, until light and fluffy. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. Combine egg whites, milk and vanilla extract. Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to butter mixture then add half the milk mixture. Continue to alternate beginning and ending with flour mixture. Scrape bowl and beater often. Pour into cupcake liners and bake until toothpick comes out clean.

Vanilla buttercream
1 1/2 sticks butter (softened)
2 tsp vanilla extract
2tsp of whipping cream
3 cups of confectioners sugar

Put softened butter, sugar and vanilla in a bowl and beat until mixed add in the cream and beat until smooth. More cream can be added until the buttercream becomes the consistency you like.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:37

Y'all are all making me hungry! I think i will try all these receipes this weekend!
Old 08-12-2011, 09:40

Not that I can eat it at the moment, but this is my favorite...

Make your favorite white cupcakes.. I just use betty crocker, pillsbury, whatever is on sale

Over cook them slightly, let them sit out for a day so they are a little hard, not rocks, just not super soft and fluffy.

Crumble them into a bowl. Mix the crumbles and vanilla pudding into a cake pan/glass dish (really whatever you have, I have even just done it in a bowl before). Then cover with cool whip (like frosting on a cake).

Crumble some vanilla wafers and sprinkle on top.

I dont measure anything, but I dont use all the cup cakes, maybe half, then once the pudding is added it should be enough to fill the cake pan. You will just have to figure out what works and what you like

Krista
Old 08-12-2011, 01:13

I have also had the choco eclair cake and it is so good!

There are a couple in my pinterest board that we have tried recently

http://pinterest.com/luvprettythings...ook-something/

The brownie oreos and the Peanut butter pretzel bites. Both were so yummy and easy to make. My daughter loved them, my thighs? Not so much!

Old 08-13-2011, 12:11

Just made a chocolate cherry cake for DDs bday tomorrow - I'll let you know how it turns out becuase it was so easy - and only 4 ingredients ... I am also making a Peanut Butter Caramel Pretzel tart I found in Taste of Home ... not sure how that's going to turn out .. but sounds good ... If it tastes as good as I hope, I will share that one too Thanks for the yummy recipes .. keep sharing
Old 08-13-2011, 01:03

Ooh!! I have one

This one is super popular every time I make it.

Lemon Cake

1 package of Lemon Pudding Mix (Shiriff)
1 Angel Food Cake (premade)
250 mL of whipping cream
Whip-It (optional)
8x8 pan or something similar - the wider your pan, the flatter the cake I sometimes do a double portion

1) Line the bottom and sides of the cake pan with wax paper, parchment paper works too
2) Break up the Angel Food cake into 1 or 2-inch pieces (approximately) and set aside.
3) Make the pudding according to package instructions. I use a cooking pot, but make sure it's large enough to also hold the Angel food cake slices later.
4) As the pudding is cooling, put the broken up cake pieces into the pot, and lightly coat the cake pieces with the pudding.
5) Pour the pudding/cake mixture into the lined pan.
6) Lightly flatten it with your spatula. Then cut a piece of wax paper/parchment paper just wide enough to flatten the cake and place it over the cake that's now in the pan, and flatten it a bit more. The side that is facing up will later be the bottom of the cake.
7) Place in fridge to cool overnight.
8) Make your whipping cream. If you need to "travel" with your whipping cream, add Whip It to stiffen it. Works just like Gelatin for Jell-o
9) Take off the top layer of the wax/parchment paper, and flip the cake onto a serving dish. Peel away the wax paper from the top and sides.
10) Cover top and sides with whipping cream, cut and serve!

NOTE: Sponge cake WILL NOT work as well. Sponge cake tends to soak up too much of the pudding, and your cake will turn into more of a pudding cake than a cake. Angel food cake soaks up a little bit, but still maintains the cake-y texture