New product--7/8' paw prints grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' star grosgrain ribbon
new products-3/8' snowmen grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' polka dot grosgrain ribbon
new products--7/8' cheetah skin print grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/breast-cancer-bow-tie-hair-clip.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Clever, Clever Ideas

Clever, Clever Ideas Have an idea? Saw an idea somewhere? Please share it here.

Old 03-24-2010, 05:02
strawberrybaby

Default I made Customized No slip gripz

This idea hit me just right now while making clothing tags to add to my wipe cases and other stuff..lol. I wanted to add my store name to my clips but if I added a no slip grip to it it will block it. Soooooo I came up with the idea of adding a thin layer of hot glue which I smooth over the ribbon with a piece of plastic.

What you see is a 3/8 ribbon with my boutique name on it(heat transfer) and a thin layer of hot glue over it. Voila! I not only have clippies with my store name on them I have clips with a non slip grip.

I tested them on my 1 year old son and they are non slip.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new 014.jpg (44.1 KB, 214 views)
File Type: jpg new 015.jpg (58.8 KB, 167 views)
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/forum-ads-wool-felt-sm.jpg
Old 03-24-2010, 05:06

Default Re: I made Customized No slip gripz

So, it is just a layer of hot glue - that is it. Has it really been that simple all along?!?! That is awesome. I will have to try it.

OT - What heat transfer paper do you use? Where do you get it? I think the craft stores are expensive. TIA!
Old 03-24-2010, 05:14
strawberrybaby

I know I said the same thing. Ive been debating which method of non slip to use and I have found it. lol

I used Avery for light fabrics. I purchased it at Walmart for around 7 bucks. It brings (6) 8.5 x 11 sheets. I was able to fit over 150 names(store name) on one sheet. I think that's great plus hot glue is not that expensive and 3/8 ribbon like plain white is economical as well. But I guess nothing can beat the fact that you also get advertisement. jijiji
Old 03-24-2010, 05:33

I have been just using hot glue for my non slip for 3 years and everyone loves it !!
Old 03-24-2010, 05:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrybaby View Post
I know I said the same thing. Ive been debating which method of non slip to use and I have found it. lol

I used Avery for light fabrics. I purchased it at Walmart for around 7 bucks. It brings (6) 8.5 x 11 sheets. I was able to fit over 150 names(store name) on one sheet. I think that's great plus hot glue is not that expensive and 3/8 ribbon like plain white is economical as well. But I guess nothing can beat the fact that you also get advertisement. jijiji
I got some at Hobby Lobby, but don't know the name off-hand. I just know that most places are $1.00+ per sheet. I have some graphics that I want to print onto ribbon so I am trying to find some more economical prices.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole26 View Post
I have been just using hot glue for my non slip for 3 years and everyone loves it !!
How do you apply yours?
Old 03-24-2010, 06:00
strawberrybaby

I used Gimp to create the image(store logo), I printed it out on the heat transfer paper and iron it on. I think it was easy. I need a better printer. I think the image transfer on ribbon thing is pretty amazing but the right printer is what will do the job. I wanted to do the same but my printer proves to be a piece of junk when it comes to printing in color.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:12
strawberrybaby

I followed the tutorial on this blog. Patchwork pottery. It helped alot. It's very clear and has many pics

http://patchworkpottery.blogspot.com...-tutorial.html
Old 03-24-2010, 09:12

awesome idea, now people cant just buy and resale saying they made it as easily. Have been reading a few threads of that happening...
Old 03-25-2010, 09:22
strawberrybaby

That is soo true.

The main reason for me to want to add a label was to advertise on the product it's self. When one buys something the packaging and wrapping go to the garbage the only thing we keep is the product.
Sponsored Links

disney princess, mickey mouse, minnie mouse ribbon http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon.jpg