New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Clever, Clever Ideas

Clever, Clever Ideas Have an idea? Saw an idea somewhere? Please share it here.

Old 03-12-2010, 10:12

Default Re: Fabric Flower Centers

That is such a great idea!! I think i will have to stop into michaels tomorrow and see if i can pick some up. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 03-13-2010, 12:25

Here's the pic of the tag. The brand that Joanns had was FOAMIES. I guess there are 15 not 45 in each pack. but since I can get 5 out of each one, that's still 75 a pack (someone double check my math) for like $3...less if you use a coupon.

I'll try to write up a quick tut tomorrow in case anyone wants it, but I'm sure most of you Savy girls can figure it out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC08496.jpg (37.6 KB, 70 views)
Old 03-21-2010, 05:17

That is brilliant - thanks for sharing.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:21

Super cute and a wonderful idea!
Old 03-22-2010, 01:25

NO wonder I coudn't make this work for me. I was using foam balls. LMAO I had hubby cutting and cutting. It was actually kinda sweet. He kept saying "babe will this work". To which I would take my half a circle and try as I might to cover it with material. All I could say was "Omg the HG lady made it look so nice and simple". Well come to find out I was using the wrong foam thingy. Wait till I tell him. He likely will put a half grin on his face and just say "awww Cris, your always doin that to me". Poor hubby I make him work so hard.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:45

That's sweet. You are lucky your hubby is willing to help. Mine always gets distracted when he tries.

I wish I had the time to put together a tut...I had a computer crash last week, and am spending every spare minute preparing for a show in April.

Hope you were able ot figure it out.

I think the easiest way is to cut each piece into 4 or 5 slices. The thinner they are, the easier it is to shape in the dome shape vs. the sides being ridged.

I cut a circle out a little bigger than the slice (actually, you can just cut a square about 2 by 2 and snip off the corners to make an Octogon) run a stick along the outside, and put the foam in the middle. Gather the stich to bring the fabric up arond the foam (kind of like making a yoyo). Once you Have tied it off, you can run your needle diagonally from one end to the other in several places, and pull it tight to make the fabric more taut.

Hope this makes sense... It does in my head :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by designsbycristi View Post
NO wonder I coudn't make this work for me. I was using foam balls. LMAO I had hubby cutting and cutting. It was actually kinda sweet. He kept saying "babe will this work". To which I would take my half a circle and try as I might to cover it with material. All I could say was "Omg the HG lady made it look so nice and simple". Well come to find out I was using the wrong foam thingy. Wait till I tell him. He likely will put a half grin on his face and just say "awww Cris, your always doin that to me". Poor hubby I make him work so hard.
Sponsored Links

disney princess, mickey mouse, minnie mouse ribbon http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon.jpg