Free Instructions---------Free Instructions----------Free Instructions-----------Free Instructions.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/ribbon-korker-hair-bow-clip-instructions-sm.jpg
New Instructions--How to make braided/woven headband instruction
New Instructions--How to make hair bow gift basket
Free Hair Bow Instructions-Snail
Free Hair Bow Instructions--Christmas Tree
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/bee/bumble%20bee%20sm.jpg

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/rainbow-ribbon-dragonfly-hair-clips-free-tutorial/dragonfly-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Clever, Clever Ideas

Clever, Clever Ideas Have an idea? Saw an idea somewhere? Please share it here.

Old 10-21-2009, 04:23

Default Re: Cheap bow cards!!!

Ok so I'm gonna throw out a possibly stupid idea here. But I know with snapfish, seehere.com, and other places where you can upload pictures (oh which I have registered and ordered all from), that most of them will give you the first 25-50 4x6 photos free only pay shipping. Same quality as CVS, Walgreens, and walmart IMO, soooo if you wanted to and hadn't ordered from them before you could get some for free just pay shipping and it's usually like 2 or 3 dollars.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 10-21-2009, 08:26

Just a word of caution on these. You may want to double check with your Walgreens what type of paper they are using before you order these. I just ordered 50 prints to use for bow cards today and they are on regular photo paper like Walmart prints. They used to print on they heavier card stock type paper. So, I'm not sure if this was just a fluke at mine (in the past mine have been on the heavier paper at Walgreens). So, maybe they are changing the type of paper they use. I don't know for sure. But, I will not be able to use these for bow cards because they are way too flimsy.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytwogirls View Post
Just a word of caution on these. You may want to double check with your Walgreens what type of paper they are using before you order these. I just ordered 50 prints to use for bow cards today and they are on regular photo paper like Walmart prints. They used to print on they heavier card stock type paper. So, I'm not sure if this was just a fluke at mine (in the past mine have been on the heavier paper at Walgreens). So, maybe they are changing the type of paper they use. I don't know for sure. But, I will not be able to use these for bow cards because they are way too flimsy.
awww....that sucks that you already ordered them Can you use them for anything else??
Old 10-21-2009, 11:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksaint View Post
How are you cutting your slits to attach the clips?
A Fiskars paper cutter
Old 10-21-2009, 11:37

I would say that the ones that I ordered as full 4x6 bow cards are going to be useless. The other half of my order, I designed ones that had 4- 2x3 tags on one 4x6 card. I made these tags to put on my hats that I'm getting ready to take to a store that sells my things. So, I think these will be ok, since they will be small and I'm just going to clip them on the hats. The full sized ones those, there's no way that they will work as bow cards. They are just too flimsy. I didn't really need them, but just got them because they were buy 25 get 25 free. Live and learn I guess. I'm curious if all the Walgreens are changing their paper though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kglee View Post
awww....that sucks that you already ordered them Can you use them for anything else??
Old 10-22-2009, 01:17

so these are all printed on 4x6 photos? and then you just cut them in half lengthwise for the headband cards? awesome!
Old 10-22-2009, 01:29

I guess it just depends what you use them for. These worked absolutely perfect for me but then again I just do bottlecap necklaces and keychains. Yes they did come on regular photo paper. Here is what I did with them (thanks for the tip by the way - it totally saved my toosh):

IMG_0644.jpg
IMG_0645.jpg

Cristi
Old 10-23-2009, 02:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by designsbycristi View Post
I guess it just depends what you use them for. These worked absolutely perfect for me but then again I just do bottlecap necklaces and keychains. Yes they did come on regular photo paper. Here is what I did with them (thanks for the tip by the way - it totally saved my toosh):

Attachment 17140
Attachment 17141

Cristi
That is so fun to see what you did with them! I love your bottlecaps!

I wanted to tell everyone that the post about the Walgreens cards being a bit floppy is true here, too. It's kind of a decision you have to make. I got all of my cards (4x6's, bow, business, and headband cards) for the price I would have paid for the shipping fee and removing the logo fee on Vista Prints......and that was only for their "free" business cards, I would have had to add all the other card types and pay a higher shipping and remove logos off of all those. So, personally I don't mind them being a bit floppy because I can't afford to pay all that right now (thank you US government) and I don't have to wait for them to arrive. Once you cut the cards smaller they are not as floppy. I have a mom & pop local photo shop and I may see how sturdy their prints are...I always have digital pictures to print!

I know that Snapfish is having a promo with 75 free prints right now. I don't know how sturdy their paper is. Another great online photo site is Shutterfly.

I'm sorry I forgot to mention that in the starter thread...thanks mytwogirls.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytwogirls View Post

Sorry I forgot to mention that. I posted about this above. Anyway, I wanted to say that you can use those to hand out as full size business cards to stores. I've handed out a few to local stores and they seem to like the larger size. Sometimes you can even pin them to bulletin boards around town. You can even toss one in a package you are mailing out. You can even put them out at a sale and just let customers take them.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilahsmom08 View Post
Ok so I'm gonna throw out a possibly stupid idea here. But I know with snapfish, seehere.com, and other places where you can upload pictures (oh which I have registered and ordered all from), that most of them will give you the first 25-50 4x6 photos free only pay shipping. Same quality as CVS, Walgreens, and walmart IMO, soooo if you wanted to and hadn't ordered from them before you could get some for free just pay shipping and it's usually like 2 or 3 dollars.
I know, the deals for photos online are so great. I love using them because it is such a cheap method.
Walgreens has a deal right now too.
30 4x6 prints for $3.00 It's good until Halloween
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.